Sponsored by: Moser

FX4 vs. STX 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
SRT286
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Number 3

I got bucket seats with mine but i also got rubber floor very easy to clean out...

Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What about the 4X4 trasfer case? If I got an STX, Id want the buckets with the center console, carpet and the floor shifter.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
Originally Posted by Toto
I would have gotten an FX4 if I could have got the 3.55.
The 3.73 is the worst for milage and I don't tow heavy.
Nice truck though, specially with the better shocks and locking diff.
If lots of offroading is your thing then the FX4 is the way to go, although it is a pretty long truck for hard core trails.
The 3.55 doesn't get much better MPG's than a 3.73 rear end. None of those trucks actually get what they are rated for( MPG's). Ford used the 3.15-1 gearing to achieve their MPG raings.

The 3.73-1 rear end is a much better choice overall even if you get .2 MPG less.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:13 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Originally Posted by excaliber551
None of those trucks actually get what they are rated for( MPG's).
Mine does. And if you read some the threads on MPG's in this forum, you would see that most people that actually own an '09 are getting pretty close to sticker.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
pass-thru
Freshman User
Originally Posted by pkvir
If you settle for something less than you want, you will never be happy.

I think people who stay within their means tend to be happier over the long haul.

I've been driving a little 2 wheel drive s-10 standard cab for the last 10 years. I've had to get winched out a few times and didn't go in a lot of areas that I'd like to have. Now I can afford the upgrade to get what I want, and it will feel great walking away knowing that it's paid.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pkvir
If you settle for something less than you want, you will never be happy.
Exactly....

Old 05-15-2010, 05:20 PM
jeffkuhn1
New User
You can get carpet.

I bought my STX 4x4 off the lot, and it has carpeting as an option. I'm glad it does, as I'm not much on the rubber floors.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:36 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
by my sig. at the bottom you can see what I eneded up getting lol

Old 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
jeffkuhn1
New User
Originally Posted by jeffkuhn1
I bought my STX 4x4 off the lot, and it has carpeting as an option. I'm glad it does, as I'm not much on the rubber floors.
The only thing I don't like is the center console. I have no cup holders up high like I used to have in my other vehicles. I should would love to have one. Not sure what I can do to fix that problem.

I do, however, get about 22 highway in this thing, which makes me smile.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM
george6488
Senior User
Question #3...............you may want to go to the Ford site and try to build one all the different ways you suggest.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 AM
BrianFX4
Senior User
Congrates soundwave! I think you made the right choice! What kind of deal did you end up with?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by BrianFX4
Congrates soundwave! I think you made the right choice! What kind of deal did you end up with?
Well it was bittersweet I guess. Im very happy I got the FX4 and the color I wanted, however....

I drove to a dealer in Cleveland because they offered to get me out of my lease of my 07 with no rollover of negitive equity, offered $1k more in rebates then the Ford dealers here offered, and threw in a free bedliner. All the dealers here in the Detroit area wanted about $25 a month more WITH anywhere from $1500-$2000 down. At this dealer in Cleveland, I put $0 down.

I wanted a supercrew but ended up getting the supercab. They had 3 FX4s on the lot in the color I wanted, mine, another supercab, and an awesome supercrew. If I got the crew, my payments wouldve been about $30 more a month. Id really be streching that want vs need by getting a crew, anyway.

So I get the truck, and a week later I got a check in the mail from the dealer for $1000 for "overpayment of lease payoff". Apparently, my lease trade in was worth a lot, and they gave me the difference back in cash. Then two weeks ago, the dealer calls me and tells me they're sending me a check for $500 because there was another $500 in rebates they didnt know about when I bought my truck.

One one hand its cool because I got $1500 back in cash, on the other if this dealer had their ***** together and informed me of this at the time I couldve got the Supercrew! D'oh!

OH well Im happy. Ill get that Supercrew the next time around.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:56 AM
jeffkuhn1
New User
Originally Posted by soundwave
Well it was bittersweet I guess. Im very happy I got the FX4 and the color I wanted, however....

I drove to a dealer in Cleveland because they offered to get me out of my lease of my 07 with no rollover of negitive equity, offered $1k more in rebates then the Ford dealers here offered, and threw in a free bedliner. All the dealers here in the Detroit area wanted about $25 a month more WITH anywhere from $1500-$2000 down. At this dealer in Cleveland, I put $0 down.

I wanted a supercrew but ended up getting the supercab. They had 3 FX4s on the lot in the color I wanted, mine, another supercab, and an awesome supercrew. If I got the crew, my payments wouldve been about $30 more a month. Id really be streching that want vs need by getting a crew, anyway.

So I get the truck, and a week later I got a check in the mail from the dealer for $1000 for "overpayment of lease payoff". Apparently, my lease trade in was worth a lot, and they gave me the difference back in cash. Then two weeks ago, the dealer calls me and tells me they're sending me a check for $500 because there was another $500 in rebates they didnt know about when I bought my truck.

One one hand its cool because I got $1500 back in cash, on the other if this dealer had their ***** together and informed me of this at the time I couldve got the Supercrew! D'oh!

OH well Im happy. Ill get that Supercrew the next time around.
What dealer in Cleveland? That's where I am. I just bought mine from John Lance Ford. I liked the treatment, no pressure feeling that I got there. $4500.00 in rebates was nice, too.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:24 AM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Wow small world. I went to John Lance Ford. I was impressed by the deals, but some other treatment left something to be desired. Ive bought quite a few trucks (look at my signature and you'll see) and Ive been along with people while they bought theirs, and IVe never had to wait as long as I did at John Lance Ford. The longest I waited before this was about 2hours, but at John Lance Ford I waited 5& 1/2 hours for them to finish the transaction!

This was all on their part too. I was approved within minutes for the loan, and we had worked out all the little details out over the phone before I drove there, which was a 3 hour drive during a blizzard on the stupid turnpike.

I had all my stuff in my 07 that I was trading in, and I told them over and over I wanted to get my stuff out of my old truck and into the new MYSELF, then after hour #4 of waiting passes a kid who looked like napoleon dynamite waled up and said "hey, dude, did you want your steering wheel cover?" He took it off my old truck and tossed all my stuff in a box and in the process ripped my aftermarket XM radio antenna wire in two. I didnt notice he did that untill after I got home and started taking things out of the box.

That and why did they wait 3 months to realize I had an extra $500 in rebates? And if they knew right away, which they said they did right after I left, why did they wait 3 months to tell me? Seems shady...

I still got a better deal there then I did after trying 5 different dealers in the Detroit area. Just do your research. Would I reccomend them? If they have deals that blow away the Detroit dealers again Id go back, but Id just try to be a little more aware this time.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:56 AM
jeffkuhn1
New User
Originally Posted by soundwave
Wow small world. I went to John Lance Ford. I was impressed by the deals, but some other treatment left something to be desired. Ive bought quite a few trucks (look at my signature and you'll see) and Ive been along with people while they bought theirs, and IVe never had to wait as long as I did at John Lance Ford. The longest I waited before this was about 2hours, but at John Lance Ford I waited 5& 1/2 hours for them to finish the transaction!

This was all on their part too. I was approved within minutes for the loan, and we had worked out all the little details out over the phone before I drove there, which was a 3 hour drive during a blizzard on the stupid turnpike.

I had all my stuff in my 07 that I was trading in, and I told them over and over I wanted to get my stuff out of my old truck and into the new MYSELF, then after hour #4 of waiting passes a kid who looked like napoleon dynamite waled up and said "hey, dude, did you want your steering wheel cover?" He took it off my old truck and tossed all my stuff in a box and in the process ripped my aftermarket XM radio antenna wire in two. I didnt notice he did that untill after I got home and started taking things out of the box.

That and why did they wait 3 months to realize I had an extra $500 in rebates? And if they knew right away, which they said they did right after I left, why did they wait 3 months to tell me? Seems shady...

I still got a better deal there then I did after trying 5 different dealers in the Detroit area. Just do your research. Would I reccomend them? If they have deals that blow away the Detroit dealers again Id go back, but Id just try to be a little more aware this time.
Yep, I didn't leave the dealership until about 10:45 PM, and I got there at 5. I had the deal worked out, then went home to remove the stereo from my trade-in, and got back at 8PM. It took soooooo long to do the actual paperwork. Ridiculous. But since their pricing starts at $100.00 UNDER invoice, and I got $4500 in rebates, it was worth it. Not too pushy, and the sales lady was very nice and knew trucks pretty darn well. In the end, it's HOW MUCH DID I SAVE?, and it was worth it to me.

Quick Reply: FX4 vs. STX 4X4