Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 06:29 PM
New User

Mikel_NY is starting off with a positive reputation.
For all that have replied to this post and repaired the Orange wire w/ green tracer ...

Please reply with a measurement as to where the bad section is. start at the plug that this wire plugs into the fuse box.

Maybe I'm overlooking it but I cant find this area everyone is calling a "connection", "splice", etc.

As to MrFord350, my guess is that a Powerstroke would have a different wire harness than a gas motor (but that may only be under the hood).

I have the 2007 F150 XLT, 163", 8200 HD package. No peddles or power seat but No mirror function either.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 AM
New User

KVR1969 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks a million to this forum and thread.

Hello folks, I'm new to the forum and I just picked up an '07 Super Crew. I absolutely love the vehicle. When I got it home I did discover that that the power seat/ mirror issue with a twinge of disappointment (and to make matters a bit more disconcerting, it meant that my wife couldn't drive the vehicle, which was a problem in and of itself because I had to do some sweet talking to get her to agree to the purchase!).

I called the Ford dealership where I purchased the truck, asked if they would help me out, and of course they never called back. So I pictured hours of trouble shooting with uncertain results, but then found this excellent thread. It outlined that exact problem with the corroded splice, and I literally had the problem fixed and the interior panels back on in a half hour, with the seat and mirrors back on line.

Awesome, you guys rock, and thank you for saving me a huge headache (and some marital tension)!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:04 PM
New User

KVR1969 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel_NY View Post
For all that have replied to this post and repaired the Orange wire w/ green tracer ...

Please reply with a measurement as to where the bad section is. start at the plug that this wire plugs into the fuse box.

Maybe I'm overlooking it but I cant find this area everyone is calling a "connection", "splice", etc.

As to MrFord350, my guess is that a Powerstroke would have a different wire harness than a gas motor (but that may only be under the hood).

I have the 2007 F150 XLT, 163", 8200 HD package. No peddles or power seat but No mirror function either.

Mikel_NY, I didn't measure the exact distance from fuse box to splice, but it is buried in a bundle of about fifty other wires just above where the bundle curves up from the floor heading towards the fusebox. And the splice is on the bottom of the pack of course where the floor gets wet for some reason, with the moisture being the obvious cause of the problem (one theory I found in other threads is that the moisture is caused by a factory misrouted A/C condensor drain tube). There are two wires spliced into one, with what looks like friction tape making up the splice. It is rather hard to find and i had to carefully split the wrapping in order to separate the bundle enough to find it. Hope this helps some other folks.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
04, adjustable, diagram, doesnt, dont, drivers, f150, ford, mirrors, pedals, power, schematic, seat, seats, truck, work