The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Fast and Furious

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
slinger34
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast and Furious

Saw the movie today. I have to say it was pretty good. They did a really good job of adding to the whole story. Not really into imports but Vin was rocking the muscle cars throughout the whole movie, and there was a nice 1970 Torino.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
I saw it yesterday, pretty good action but I still liked the other 3 better.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:45 AM
rambuck
Senior User
I've been wanting to see it. I've read great reviews about it and apparently it is set between the second and third film (the film that just doesn't belong). I am hoping to see it sometime soon while I'm on spring break.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
sncblue03
Senior User
I remember when the first one came out, I was a senior in high school, we got out of the movie and I decided to do a flaming burnout in my S-10... I got a ticket for reckless & exhibition of speed. Lmao. Good times.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw the first one and didn't like it at all. Haven't seen any since.

I can't stand "tuners" imports whatever you want to call them so that's half the problem. Ones that are done tastefully I can put up with, but the ones with 6" exhaust tips hanging out that go to little 1.5" pipe the rest of the way look retarded. As does an extra tip bolted onto the back that isn't connected. You can tell on cold days what is real and what isn't.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
I saw the first one and didn't like it at all. Haven't seen any since.

I can't stand "tuners" imports whatever you want to call them so that's half the problem. Ones that are done tastefully I can put up with, but the ones with 6" exhaust tips hanging out that go to little 1.5" pipe the rest of the way look retarded. As does an extra tip bolted onto the back that isn't connected. You can tell on cold days what is real and what isn't.
lol I am with you there. I put up with people like this all the time. They are so hellbent that imports are better. But if you hate that then never EVER see the 3rd one. They are in Japan (home of all the nonsense) and they put a Nissan engine in a Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. That is what did it for me on the third film. But the other 2 aren't so bad. The only reason why I watch them is because I kinda like watching those sorts of films and I sorta like Vin Diesel as an actor.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rambuck
lol I am with you there. I put up with people like this all the time. They are so hellbent that imports are better. But if you hate that then never EVER see the 3rd one. They are in Japan (home of all the nonsense) and they put a Nissan engine in a Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. That is what did it for me on the third film. But the other 2 aren't so bad. The only reason why I watch them is because I kinda like watching those sorts of films and I sorta like Vin Diesel as an actor.
Yea. There's several people at my school that think imports are God's gift to man.

My mission with my 7.3 is make it as fast and mean as possible so I can thrash all their stupid little imports. That and I want to dispel the myth of slow diesels from their little minds.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
You would have to be pretty damn fast to beat some of the imports around my area.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Holiver31
Posting Guru
we've got a some tuners around here,,they think they are pretty tough,,they poke fun at my 72 f150 till they get there *** whooped,,a 460 bored and turbo and it now has a 150 shot of nitro kicks there little ***!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
how bad are the beat down in ur sleaper and how do u keep traction over the rearend

Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Holiver31
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by joe f350
how bad are the beat down in ur sleaper and how do u keep traction over the rearend
If your talking to me, i have two of those in bed slide out tool boxes filled with stuff equating to about 300-350 lbs over the axle which helps a bit,,,stills spins the tires a little but not to bad. Most of the ricers round here arent nothin special, cold air intake, stupid body kit, maybe some stick on hoodscoops from walmart haha. There are a few that run nitro but i usually get them by about 1 car. Recently had a 250 shot installed which helps a little.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Holiver31
If your talking to me, i have two of those in bed slide out tool boxes filled with stuff equating to about 300-350 lbs over the axle which helps a bit,,,stills spins the tires a little but not to bad. Most of the ricers round here arent nothin special, cold air intake, stupid body kit, maybe some stick on hoodscoops from walmart haha. There are a few that run nitro but i usually get them by about 1 car. Recently had a 250 shot installed which helps a little.

Thats a pretty standard ricer. Useless body mods and NOS.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman
You would have to be pretty damn fast to beat some of the imports around my area.
There can't be that many. At least not a lot that I've seen. I see way more tuned diesels from Ford, Chev and Dodge than any any tuned ricers.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Flying_Dutchman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bigrigfixer
There can't be that many. At least not a lot that I've seen. I see way more tuned diesels from Ford, Chev and Dodge than any any tuned ricers.

Yea, you have to know where to look. There used to be a good group of us at the Mission street legals for a bit. That's goin back a few years now.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Iversen-fords
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most ricers in my area have more stickers on it than mods. My 66 stang took out alot of those ricers when i had it on the street. They just made more noise than anything else.

Quick Reply: Fast and Furious