Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Senior User

slinger34 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fast and Furious

Saw the movie today. I have to say it was pretty good. They did a really good job of adding to the whole story. Not really into imports but Vin was rocking the muscle cars throughout the whole movie, and there was a nice 1970 Torino.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Posting Guru

Flying_Dutchman has a good reputation on FTE.Flying_Dutchman has a good reputation on FTE.
I saw it yesterday, pretty good action but I still liked the other 3 better.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Senior User

rambuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been wanting to see it. I've read great reviews about it and apparently it is set between the second and third film (the film that just doesn't belong). I am hoping to see it sometime soon while I'm on spring break.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior User

sncblue03 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I remember when the first one came out, I was a senior in high school, we got out of the movie and I decided to do a flaming burnout in my S-10... I got a ticket for reckless & exhibition of speed. Lmao. Good times.

9/11/01 Never Forget
Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I saw the first one and didn't like it at all. Haven't seen any since.

I can't stand "tuners" imports whatever you want to call them so that's half the problem. Ones that are done tastefully I can put up with, but the ones with 6" exhaust tips hanging out that go to little 1.5" pipe the rest of the way look retarded. As does an extra tip bolted onto the back that isn't connected. You can tell on cold days what is real and what isn't.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Senior User

rambuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket View Post
I saw the first one and didn't like it at all. Haven't seen any since.

I can't stand "tuners" imports whatever you want to call them so that's half the problem. Ones that are done tastefully I can put up with, but the ones with 6" exhaust tips hanging out that go to little 1.5" pipe the rest of the way look retarded. As does an extra tip bolted onto the back that isn't connected. You can tell on cold days what is real and what isn't.
lol I am with you there. I put up with people like this all the time. They are so hellbent that imports are better. But if you hate that then never EVER see the 3rd one. They are in Japan (home of all the nonsense) and they put a Nissan engine in a Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. That is what did it for me on the third film. But the other 2 aren't so bad. The only reason why I watch them is because I kinda like watching those sorts of films and I sorta like Vin Diesel as an actor.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuck View Post
lol I am with you there. I put up with people like this all the time. They are so hellbent that imports are better. But if you hate that then never EVER see the 3rd one. They are in Japan (home of all the nonsense) and they put a Nissan engine in a Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. That is what did it for me on the third film. But the other 2 aren't so bad. The only reason why I watch them is because I kinda like watching those sorts of films and I sorta like Vin Diesel as an actor.
Yea. There's several people at my school that think imports are God's gift to man.

My mission with my 7.3 is make it as fast and mean as possible so I can thrash all their stupid little imports. That and I want to dispel the myth of slow diesels from their little minds.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Posting Guru

Flying_Dutchman has a good reputation on FTE.Flying_Dutchman has a good reputation on FTE.
You would have to be pretty damn fast to beat some of the imports around my area.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Posting Guru

Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
we've got a some tuners around here,,they think they are pretty tough,,they poke fun at my 72 f150 till they get there *** whooped,,a 460 bored and turbo and it now has a 150 shot of nitro kicks there little ***!
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man". "I've seen far more abnormal and unexplainable things at Wal-Mart than I have out in the deep woods." "My drinking crew has a racing problem, or vice versa..."
Old 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
how bad are the beat down in ur sleaper and how do u keep traction over the rearend
Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Posting Guru

Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Holiver31 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe f350 View Post
how bad are the beat down in ur sleaper and how do u keep traction over the rearend
If your talking to me, i have two of those in bed slide out tool boxes filled with stuff equating to about 300-350 lbs over the axle which helps a bit,,,stills spins the tires a little but not to bad. Most of the ricers round here arent nothin special, cold air intake, stupid body kit, maybe some stick on hoodscoops from walmart haha. There are a few that run nitro but i usually get them by about 1 car. Recently had a 250 shot installed which helps a little.
It's an internet forum, get used to it. It's like having a drunk conversation with every single person in the bar minus the "I love you man". "I've seen far more abnormal and unexplainable things at Wal-Mart than I have out in the deep woods." "My drinking crew has a racing problem, or vice versa..."
Old 04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiver31 View Post
If your talking to me, i have two of those in bed slide out tool boxes filled with stuff equating to about 300-350 lbs over the axle which helps a bit,,,stills spins the tires a little but not to bad. Most of the ricers round here arent nothin special, cold air intake, stupid body kit, maybe some stick on hoodscoops from walmart haha. There are a few that run nitro but i usually get them by about 1 car. Recently had a 250 shot installed which helps a little.

Thats a pretty standard ricer. Useless body mods and NOS.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
You would have to be pretty damn fast to beat some of the imports around my area.
There can't be that many. At least not a lot that I've seen. I see way more tuned diesels from Ford, Chev and Dodge than any any tuned ricers.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigfixer View Post
There can't be that many. At least not a lot that I've seen. I see way more tuned diesels from Ford, Chev and Dodge than any any tuned ricers.

Yea, you have to know where to look. There used to be a good group of us at the Mission street legals for a bit. That's goin back a few years now.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Senior User

Iversen-fords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most ricers in my area have more stickers on it than mods. My 66 stang took out alot of those ricers when i had it on the street. They just made more noise than anything else.
80 VW rabbit pickup diesel. 1.5 Custom Turbo-- RIP
95 Chevy Berretta 2.2 5speed
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation

Tags
ass, dakota, dodge, f150, f250, fast, ford, furios, furious, lv, movie, quotes, stupid, tow, truck, trucks