Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Post Fiend

cartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to all
Gauges Installed In Dash, Lots o' Pics!

Well, I finally settled on the ISSPRO EV2 gauges; pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. I installed the pyro gauge in a single gauge pod under the pillar handle. Fuel pressure and boost went in the dash on either side of the steering column. Below are pics and descriptions. I'm really pleased with how the dash gauges turned out, definitely better than I expected.

First off, I used some mesh cable sleeving to make the wiring harnesses all purdy:
Click the image to open in full size.

Next I installed the sensors, pyro in the driver side manifold:

Boost in my Banks elbow:

Fuel Pressure in the test port of the fuel filter housing. This actually cracked my housing and it now has JB Weld sealing the leak; GOS has pulled this fitting from their shelves now because of this problem, great service though (Thanks Aden!). I have another housing in the mail. I added a 45 degree fitting to keep the harness away from the upper radiator hose.

Here's the single gauge pod and pyro wiring, more sweet sleeving:

Pyro gauge installed. I liked the non-color-coded gauge, its a bit cleaner looking:

Behind the dash bezel... The right side needed a little Dremel action to make room the the gauge to insert, left side there was plenty of room:

I used a 2" hole saw and drilled from the back with the drill in reverse to make it slower and cleaner:

Finished product. The ISSPRO gauges match great and look almost stock. I am very pleased to say the least.

Big thanks to Aden at GOS Performance for the great deal on the gauges and excellent customer service. Also, thanks to Michael at ISSPRO and CSIPSD (both on The Diesel Garage). Feel free to ask any questions about the gauges or the install!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Postmaster

brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.
That is a fine job you did there.
03/04 6.0L 350 Crew ,DRW,ZF-6, XLT fx4, EconoMax injectors, Autometer Fuel, Boost & EGT. Fass 95/90, Sct X-III with some sweet Spartan tunes, ARP studs, RR fuel system, Southbend FB8, Fluiddamper, Ali Arc hunting bumper,Light Force, Ride-Rite helpers,Ford APCM and some other stuff.
03 6.0L Ex LTD mostly stock,05 6.0 CC srw SB, 95 f250 4x4 woods truck, 68 f100 project
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Senior User

gross30 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That does look really sharp, nice work !!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Excellent work there cartmanea. I think it would be appropriate for you to tell folks about your whole journey w/ your truck. It is very impressive - especially with the fact that you are in school AND getting all these things done!
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Post Fiend

cartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to allcartmanea is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Excellent work there cartmanea. I think it would be appropriate for you to tell folks about your whole journey w/ your truck. It is very impressive - especially with the fact that you are in school AND getting all these things done!
Thanks Bismic, by journey are you referring to it being like this when I bought it? Totaled with a bent frame, only way I could afford to get into one.

My grandfather owned a body shop that my dad grew up in, I have to thank him for teaching me how to work on cars. Also a big thanks to all the knowledge I've gotten on the forums It was definitely tough getting it done while in school, especially since I worked on it at home which is 6 hours away. Did all the planning and parts ordering and then did most of the work over 3 weeks of winter break last year, then its been a little here and there for upgrades.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
Great job. That was pretty innovative to stick those into the dash panel like that.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Ditto- very clean looking install. I DO like the way the gauges match.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Posting Guru

liv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks very clean. Are they hard to see sitting straight up in the seat with the wheel straight? Also why's you take the steering wheel off?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Looks very clean. Are they hard to see sitting straight up in the seat with the wheel straight? Also why's you take the steering wheel off?
I can see almost the full gauges without interference, loose about 1/4" of the top of the boost gauge with the shifter in Drive. The airbag was out because that is part of the procedure to remove the dash, I had it out at the same time doing sound deadening... that writeup to come soon
Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 AM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
Nice Job on the install, I like the idea of drilling with a hole saw in reverse.

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 04-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Postmaster

brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.brickie has a spectacular reputation.
My boost and EGT are in the dash where the 4x4 switch is on some trucks.I had my fuel pressure gauge was mounted where the auto shifter is but the a/m housing squeaked. I took it out and was going to put it where you put your boost gauge is,now I know that it fits, it's going there.
03/04 6.0L 350 Crew ,DRW,ZF-6, XLT fx4, EconoMax injectors, Autometer Fuel, Boost & EGT. Fass 95/90, Sct X-III with some sweet Spartan tunes, ARP studs, RR fuel system, Southbend FB8, Fluiddamper, Ali Arc hunting bumper,Light Force, Ride-Rite helpers,Ford APCM and some other stuff.
03 6.0L Ex LTD mostly stock,05 6.0 CC srw SB, 95 f250 4x4 woods truck, 68 f100 project
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Posting Guru

liv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanea View Post
I can see almost the full gauges without interference, loose about 1/4" of the top of the boost gauge with the shifter in Drive. The airbag was out because that is part of the procedure to remove the dash, I had it out at the same time doing sound deadening... that writeup to come soon
Seriously? I never take mine off. Guess I won't sit in front of it next time I take it apart

Let us know when you get that sound deadening write up. I am going to be doing that pretty soon too. 2000 watt sound system shakes a lot of thing loose
Old 04-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Seriously? I never take mine off. Guess I won't sit in front of it next time I take it apart

Let us know when you get that sound deadening write up. I am going to be doing that pretty soon too. 2000 watt sound system shakes a lot of thing loose
When you remove the airbag there is a tab on the plug which shorts the pins and prevents static electricity from setting it off. The plug on the dash harness doesn't have this tab though, so that is why it has you remove them. It probably would have been okay to leave them in though. I'll try to get the sound deadening writeup done today.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Postmaster

Sarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to beholdSarge261 is a splendid one to behold
I know you bought htat truck totaled and you have done a great job with it. Do you know what brand/make those fender flares were. I think that is going to be my next upgrade so I am trying to find something I really like, and the ones in your pic. look like something I would be interested in.

Sarge
Bilstien Leveling Kit 5100's / DiPricol Optix Guages
Garrett Power Max / 155's With 30% Nozzles
2012 Keystone Laradeo 324RL w/ Reese Goose Box
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
Sarge, Bushwacker has different style flares that you would probably like and probably the best no drill ones offered.

Ford Flares from Bushwacker

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
boost, dash, ev2, ford, gauge, gauges, guage, installations, isspro, mount, pod, powerstroke, read, s60r, truck