Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

April chat...keep it coming

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:23 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking April chat...keep it coming

I got up and left before the rooster crowed this morning, now I'm getting in late. This is the April chat thread, let's keep it coming.
I hope the bad weather misses everyone tomorrow.
Have a good evening.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Testing.... Testing.... Is this thing on?

Had 30 min of t-storms & about 1 min of pea-sized hail. Thankfully! Couldn't handle if all of Terri's new plants got shredded.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:44 AM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Scndsin
Testing.... Testing.... Is this thing on?

Had 30 min of t-storms & about 1 min of pea-sized hail. Thankfully! Couldn't handle if all of Terri's new plants got shredded.
I could just see you now...running back and forth bringing all them plants in from the hail...boy, are you lucky

Old 04-03-2009, 08:09 PM
662billybob101
New User
did yall get my responses to the march b/s about my motor if yall can let me know I will be very grateful and we got some bad weather too not as bad as yall but our house was the only one that didn't have power around us that sucked! took forever for power to be restored!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 662billybob101
hey guys how yall doing we didnt get a lot of bad weather just a lot of rain. I may need some help locating a motor for my bronco its a 351w i think i have more problems than i want to deal with and my wife wants it running so you know what i have to deal with there (a women) lol if you guys could help thanks

i am not really set on a 351 but thats what i have my heads are good if i could find a 302 that would be fine i bought this bronco not knowing anything about it but what the guy told me i knew it had jumped time when we tried to crank it. For what i gave for it no big deal you know but i have about 600 in it now just parts and found out the block is jb welded and some other little things if i could find a good short block i would be satisfied i have a 351m but dont want to go with a big block that means i would have to change everything

Bill I'll stick it in the April thread so everyone can see it.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
662billybob101
New User
everybody must be busy thats a good thing considering the economy i think i found a motor for my bronco thanks for everybodys help now what i would like to know is what would be a good streetable/mild play toy way to put it together

Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Ask me a body and paint question and I could prolly help, but an engine question will be better answered by someone else. LOL

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
sign_man
Senior User
everybody must be busy thats a good thing considering the economy i think i found a motor for my bronco thanks for everybodys help now what i would like to know is what would be a good streetable/mild play toy way to put it together
What kind of engine did you get?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
sign_man
Senior User
I made a pretty neat coil spring compressor for my Mustang. It goes in place of the shock, bolting to the spring perch and a flat bar across the top of the shock tower. Very much safer than any of the universals in this application because there are no hooks that can slip involved. Furthermore while operating it fragile body parts are nowhere near the spring. It fits my '66 and should work on all 65 to 73 Mustangs, Cougars, and Falcons. If anyone needs to borrow it, let me know.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
662billybob101
New User
its a 351w same thing that was in it carburetor

Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by sign_man
I made a pretty neat coil spring compressor for my Mustang......
........should work on all 65 to 73 Mustangs, Cougars, and Falcons. If anyone needs to borrow it, let me know.

Did control arm bushings a few years back on my 73 with floor jack only. Tricky, but took my time. Now as far as really risking life & limb, there was changing the shocks (coil overs) on an old Triumph with: 2 mis-matched bumperjacks, 3 heavy leather belts, & the big-assed overhanging porch of an antebellum house.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM
sign_man
Senior User
Originally Posted by Scndsin
Did control arm bushings a few years back on my 73 with floor jack only. Tricky, but took my time. Now as far as really risking life & limb, there was changing the shocks (coil overs) on an old Triumph with: 2 mis-matched bumperjacks, 3 heavy leather belts, & the big-assed overhanging porch of an antebellum house.
Crazy!

I think the worst I was involved with was an 82 GT engine R&R. We had a carport, a kid's swing set, a piece of pipe, a huge 5 ton chain hoist, and some rope. We put the pipe through the top post of the swing set then set up the chain hoist. As we applied a load, the swing set would try to collapse so we tied the rope to the swing set and a brick column to keep it vertical. We were too scared to pull the chain hoist more than one index at a time. When we did, it would go "CLUNK!" and the engine would bounce up and down a few inches. We would wait for things to quit moving and pull the chain again. I told the architect of this death trap he was stabbing the transmission!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM
sign_man
Senior User
I'd just go with an RV grind from Crane or whoever your favorite is, get the recommended components, and enjoy.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
662billybob101
New User
thats what i was thinking myself i found a crane cam dur ation was at .050 204 int 224 exh thats almost stock but i think it will work well

Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 AM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Good Morning, Happy Easter to all, We had our big Easter meal yesterday, had some family over. I had a little shop time yesterday to work on the mustang, the owner finally got some body parts ordered...so now I'll have to start working on it, LoL. Everyone have a good day and I hope you find all of your eggs.

Quick Reply: April chat...keep it coming