Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

Wyoming chapter April BS thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Miles, Pat, and all other both near and far that come this way, tis a beautiful snowy day out there. Keeps wreaking havoc on my schedule but will push on. I have personaly gave up on any thing but winter at this point knowing that there will be Winter and Cheyenne Frontier Day's at this rate.

Pat, I would have to agree............I fear a chilly spring as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Morning Orin. The snow the past few days ruined my whole weekend. I planned on working outside and spent the majority of my time watching college basketball and drag racing on tv.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I'm with you guys. I should have already been doing outside projects, but it's kind of tough when it keeps snowing! My little girl is going nuts, waiting for me to get her new swing set up! But, I have to get it re-finished, and it just hasn't been warm enough to do that. I want to get that done while it's apart, so I can get all of it covered.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I had been kicking butt on cleaning up my yard and was about to begin on picking out new fence and replanting some trees and now I have 4 foot drifts in my yard and a bunch of dead stuff in the greenhouse. Sucks

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I did manage to get the yard cleaned up last friday, it was pretty nice out. Got it all raked, sometime this week the lawn guys should be coming by to fertilize it (got lazy this year and hired out the fertilizing).

Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I would love it if it would just get on with spring and warmer weather. This has been a very cold winter it would seem. Sorry to hear you lost your plants already Miles. I know how agrivating that can get. I did have a great time going to the Denver Auto Show on Thursday though as the weather was good pretty much just that day.

Ford had a F-150 cut in half on display which looked very neat all the way down to the heater/AC motor being cut in half. I would personally think that the Ford displays were among the best with cutaway views of various components of their production line as well with a view of a electric lock differential, an engine/trans combo, and along with a few other things. The only way I get to see something like that on the normal is when fatigued metal or one of the life support fluids become depleted causing stuff to get scattered all over the interstate.

I got quite a kick out of the prototypes that was there as well ranging from a high performance electric car to a sand buggy it appeared that would only be good mostly on a California beach. It was neat to look at none the less. I saw the trend to electric and hybrid being pushed heavily right down to a little bubble on four wheels that could accommodate 2 adults but one should not move around much and here in Wyoming it would look like our winds would simply pick it up and throw it off of the road. I think it was mostly designed for in town use but I had to make an observation. I think it should have came with a portable handle that could be affixed to the roof so that you could simply pick it up and put in a parking spot it were too tight to be parked conventionally.

Ok, now I have gotten carried away but I love the new technology that is coming out now, it just took a little pressure from our environment and the economy to get us to this point. I have always believed that if we could come up with technology that would allow our privacy to be compromised from outer space and the things that we have done to make out solar system smaller and within our grasp, we should be able to make a better automobile. For all the technological advances that we have made in building automobiles we still have the very same engine that Mr. Ford was putting in his Model T's after the turn of the last century and still operates on the very same principle only dressed up today.

I have taken a lot of pictures and hope to post a couple that I thought were neat later today as I must run now and do good in the world.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Looking forward to the pics Orin!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I am not worrying about fertilizing this year as I don't think there is any grass to grow. The old owners dog pretty much smashed it all to he**.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Well that sucks. Are you going to try and re-seed it?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
ya it needs either a good aerating or one of those seeders that rips up the soil and buries the seed.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
I stand corrected about not much snow. I heard today that 11" is the official snowfall from Friday/Saturday.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
What I've done is aerate, then spread seed, and on the bare areas either spread top soil, or straw over it, that seems to work pretty well.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GOOD AFTERNOON (early evening) WHY-OMING!!!!!

busy busy busy~~~

Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
Here's a few pic's from the auto show. I have to post a link because I accidently put them in another thread in the Wyoming Chapter in Member Introductions. I thought I had the April B\S thread up only to discover my mistake after posting. Hope you enjoy.

My pictures from the Denver Auto Show

Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Good morning Saawx fans...rise and shine!!! Opening Day at Fenway...it just doesn't get any better than this!!!

Quick Reply: Wyoming chapter April BS thread!!