Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

FactoryTech valve body

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 02:02 PM
BIGBABY
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FactoryTech valve body

What exactly does this upgrade do for your truck. I've heard a lot from one of your members about this upgrade and he seems quite happy about it so i was thinking of doing the same thing. I just wanted to get some information on it. also i have heard that you do no gain any extra horsepower from replacing your exhaust system. i was looking at bassani's complete exhaust system. It seems pretty steep for somthing that doesn't do anything for you except make your car sound better. if that is all that it does i can spend my money on a better sound system. what do you guys think. last but not least, have any of you guys installed PSP Fresh Air System Technology air system (FASTair). my question is, can i use my Airaid Intake System with this product because i dont't see myself just throwing away $230.00 dollars just like that. Thanks for your help guys

Old 04-12-2002, 08:18 PM
J15BIG
New User
FactoryTech valve body

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Apr-02 AT 09:19 PM (EST)]The PSP-F/T valve body is a very nice upgrade. It does not give you any HP gains but it does save your tranny. From the factory you tranny shifts are slow. Slow shifting in an auto tranny is just like dragging the clutch in a stick. Its not good. You get firmer, faster shifts.

Its not that you dont get any gains with exhaust its just that it doesnt give you as much as you may expect. The bassani can give you up to 10hp and around the same torque but I wouldnt be expecting that much if i were you. Its mainly for sound. BUT, if you go with a set of Long tubes you will gain hp. It sounds like you dont have many mods so you will not see as much but you can expect at leat 10rwhp with longtubes. If your heavily modded you can get up to 40rwhp.

As for the fast air...i dont know....check with sal over at psp. he can tell you for sure. if you have AOL or AIM his sn is powersurgeperf(No Email Addresses In Posts!) ....you can email him or talk to him using instant messages. or call him @ 631-821-3622

Old 04-19-2002, 10:55 PM
99 SVT Bolt
New User
FactoryTech valve body

<<The PSP-F/T valve body is a very nice upgrade. It does not give you any HP gains but it does save your tranny. From the factory you tranny shifts are slow. Slow shifting in an auto tranny is just like dragging the clutch in a stick. Its not good. You get firmer, faster shifts. >>

I did this mod. It's worth it IMO.

Old 04-19-2002, 11:09 PM
99 SVT Bolt
New User
FactoryTech valve body