1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How are our folks around Fargo doing??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 AM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How are our folks around Fargo doing??

I was wondering if anyone has heard from our FTE folks in the Fargo N D area. If they are flooding, naturally they are too busy to get on the site. Our prayers are with those folks, we pray that the river level we go down and save their homes.
Mike

Old 03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks pretty bad!! and all that water is coming our way!! were done!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
I live in the Bismarck, ND area, where the Missouri River is causing a great deal of flooding due to some significant ice jams. This is not to minimize the troubles in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

My brother-in-law lives in Fargo, and emailed a link to some photos of the flooding in Fargo and Bismarck:

Top Headlines, U.S., World, Politics, Entertainment and Sports News - AOL News

I'm glad I don't have to deal with issues such as sandbagging and moving furniture out of basements, but many of my co-workers have had to in the last couple of days.

Keep the Fargoans in your prayers.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
If any of you watch the national morning shows you see small snipits of what is going on. Fargo and the surrounding areas are waging quite the battle. Our son and wife left Fargo today because there was nothing more they could do and it is quite taxing to just sit and wait. The Mayor assured Justin their house was protected to 42 feet and the city is doing as much as possible to contain the river. It is a waiting game and only time will tell. Fargo did not loose the flood fight in 97 so they didn't get funds from the government to build bigger and better dikes like Grand Forks did. Even here in Breckenridge, MN. we lost the fight and our community received funds to put up bigger and stronger dikes. I can't pitch sand bags any more because of my back but I was out volenteering running pumps and helping run one of the lift stations. Much has to be said for all the folks that work for the city to keep us all safe and keeping the things we take for granted functioning. Whether it is in Fargo, Bismark, Grand Forks, or Breckenridge the city workers have been and are doing a spectacular job and many thanks to them. In 97 we lost the fight during the flood and I remember the feelings and emotions felt when the cost gaurd had to pick me up off my front porch. My oldest son and his girlfreind, My youngest son, and our three dog got a ride to safety. These folks that are volenteering are heroes in my mind. We need to pray for them all. Hope Fargo and the outlying areas are able to make it through.

Gear Up