Bedliner recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 AM
GregJR
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedliner recommendations?

Hey guys,

I want to get a bedliner, but I'm not sure what kind to get. Drop-in? Spray-on? Roll-on?

I'd (obviously) like to save as much money as I can, but I want to get something as high quality as possible...

Are there certain kinds you guys have had good or bad experiences with?

Old 03-19-2009, 01:37 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Got mine x-lined for about 450 bucks. Second truck with the x-liner and it holds up great.

Much better than a drop in which can rust under neath and I don't like the bottom of them because of the rolls.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:41 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
I too prefer the Line-x, however, I've sold and installed many rugged liner bed liners. The drop in was around $120 and the spray on around $450. If you have the cash, get the spray on, if you can't budget it, the drop in is fine.

The roll on is a tough call. The materials are okay, but not to the same standard as the professional spray ons. Prep is vital to both though, my line-x guys said they spend 3 hours prepping a vehicle and about 30 minutes spraying it. They used air grinders/sanders, so if your doing the prep by hand, put a full day or more into scuffing it.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
I agree with the spray liner also if your wallet can swing it. I have Rhino liner and cant ever see myself going back to a slide in.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:49 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put in a Bed Rug. It works great and its waterproof. Love it

Old 03-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Opossum
Postmaster
Yes Line-X or Rhino, The Line-X is sprayed on thinner but is harder and rougher. The Rhino is thicker, softer, and colors are available. For a work truck Line-X, for a pretty truck Rhino.

I have a friend that did the Herculiner DIY, it came out almost as tough as the Line-X but he needed to use twice as much as they said to use and it is only pealing up a bit where he skimped on the prep. If money is an issue I would go with the Herculiner over a slide in.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bite the bullet and pay for Line-x.
It is the best of them all.
My outfit sprayed mine about 1/10th of an inch thick.
Their warranty is awesome.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
GregJR
New User
Originally Posted by Opossum
Yes Line-X or Rhino, The Line-X is sprayed on thinner but is harder and rougher. The Rhino is thicker, softer, and colors are available. For a work truck Line-X, for a pretty truck Rhino.

I have a friend that did the Herculiner DIY, it came out almost as tough as the Line-X but he needed to use twice as much as they said to use and it is only pealing up a bit where he skimped on the prep. If money is an issue I would go with the Herculiner over a slide in.

But I've seen that LINE-X can do some pretty special things on pretty trucks too:

Line-X Protective Coatings - High Performance Coatings

After what everybody's been suggesting, it sounds like LINE-X is the way to go. I'm gonna look deeper into their stuff and see what they offer.