1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can't figure out how someone broke in

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
JockD
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It might be a good idea to get the keyless entry reprogrammed. If the perp. used the code reader, then he can get in again any time until you change the code.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:56 PM
ford12508
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would change the keyless entry door code right now and would set up a cheap camera pointing on the truck so you can determine what time the guy keeps coming. How did he manage to close your hood without you hearing it, mine has to be slammed and is really loud when closing, opening isn't as bad though.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
emcg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ford12508
I would change the keyless entry door code right now and would set up a cheap camera pointing on the truck so you can determine what time the guy keeps coming. How did he manage to close your hood without you hearing it, mine has to be slammed and is really loud when closing, opening isn't as bad though.
my woman did hear it, but didn't get out of bed to see what it was. definitely going to change the keycode, i just have to get the card from my boss... i know, i can pull the radio out and get it, right?

Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
You can or you can get it from a dealer by them running the VIN through the computer in the service dept.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
You can actually get it without removing the radio. It takes being a little bit of a contortionist but you can get it from behind the radio. Not to inundate you, but here are some threads on finding it without removing the radio:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ntry-code.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...ntry-code.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...ntry-code.html

Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
emcg
New User
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
You can actually get it without removing the radio. It takes being a little bit of a contortionist but you can get it from behind the radio. Not to inundate you, but here are some threads on finding it without removing the radio:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ntry-code.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...ntry-code.html

thanks again -- i was searching through some of those this morning looking for some answers. i've always heard that old rumor about a "backdoor" code someone could enter to get into any ford, but couldn't find anything like it.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by emcg
thanks again -- i was searching through some of those this morning looking for some answers. i've always heard that old rumor about a "backdoor" code someone could enter to get into any ford, but couldn't find anything like it.
That was in another thread as well but I think it has pretty much been dubunked. They were talking about the rumor of a "universal code" to open the doors. At least I hope it's not true.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
That was in another thread as well but I think it has pretty much been dubunked. They were talking about the rumor of a "universal code" to open the doors. At least I hope it's not true.
The only universal number that opens doors is 911.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:44 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Forgot about that one!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM
harryf350
Freshman User
Pretty sure that even if you change the door code that the original will still work. And if the battery is disconnected it reverts back to original. Theres a computer related part you have to change out to permanantly change out the code. This is just what i remember reading, so i could be wrong.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM
DAVE67FD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would have to say it's a good guess your x employer could very well be at fault here. If you haven't yet reported it to the police do so imediately. You probably should have fully documented the break-in with pictures and detailed descriptions similar to what you have told us. If you are in-fact in legal battles with these people inform your lawyer as well as to what you suspect. I used to live in a crime ridden neighborhood many years ago and no thief will break into your vehicle without taking anything especially all the goods you had. If their intent was to steal the vehicle and they had a code reader they would also have the capability to start and drive off with your truck. If their intent was again to steal the truck they wouldn't have wasted the time rummiging thru it. Most thieves looking for drugs and don't find any will steal your tools, this is as good as drugs as they sell fast on the street and is money in the bank for them. My guess is they were looking for something specific as others mentioned or a scare tactic. The fore mentioned is less unlikely as they typically wouldn't take the chance at being caught just to scare you.

Purchase an aftermarket alarm ASAP for your own piece of mind if nothing else. If they were looking for something and did'nt find it it maybe unlikely that they hit you again but make sure your other employees go the extra distance to prepare themselves for the same possible senario.

Many years ago i had purchased a system from Radio shack (yah i know). This system consisted of vibration sensors mounted on the inside of the doors that wired to a transmitter using the cars radio antenna. The receiver was a remote pager and worked up to a mile away. I was able to catch someone in the act trying to steal my tools in the middle of the night. I called the cops before i ran out and they wound up catching him a few blocks away. I haven't looked for a similar system since but your story has me wondering if a similar system is still available.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
DernMooseAk
Senior User
From what I have read, I would say they used the door handle/screwdriver trick. It happened to me. With your door locked try and open it, but continue to pull, and watch the bottom corner of the door handle come away from the door. which gives access to the door lock. Once the lock is unlocked, the alarm is disarmed because it thinks someone was inside the whole time and just exiting the vehicle.
Dont know what they were looking for but if they didnt take the change, tools, or cds, they could have been after personal info for identity theft. Your social security # or checking account #. Its worth more then a stollen truck.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm. Did you ever check your horn? It's not real hard to climb under the truck and cut the wires for the horn.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
loudford
Senior User
I had my 03 broken into last year, they simply put a screwdriver into the passenger side door lock and pushed in. Only way I found out how was to put my key in the cylinder and found it wouldn't turn but would push in about an inch. No damage around the door handle, bought myself some "jimmy-jammers" now. They ended up stealing hand tools in the back seat worth over a grand... I was parked at an ice rink playing hockey, they're smart figure your going to be in there for at least an hour. Police said they get calls all the time about it.

Good luck though hope you catch the *******...

Old 03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
If they went through all your papers, something is VERY fishy.

If you haven't already, call the police and tell them what happened. Make sure you tell them you have outstanding lawsuits and all the legal troubles. Talk to a detective if you can, not just a uniform.

Something is VERY wrong with this scenario if they didn't take anything material.

Opening the hood, that's very strange, and doesn't fit into the commercial espionage thing, but who knows, maybe they thought they could disable the alarm horn from there.

The other thing to think about. It might be identify theft they were after. Do you have a company name on the truck, as in it's obvious it's a commercial vehicle?

Maybe they were looking for pay stubs, SSN's, checks, etc. Even though they didn't touch the other car, the fast that it was a business vehicle might have gotten them going.

Dunno, I'm subscribed to this thread

Quick Reply: can't figure out how someone broke in