Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

What did you do to your truck today..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 05:38 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
going to Get some parts today!! and some BBQ! Smoken send me your number please!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:15 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
I got the SD back running, but still want to do a couple of things before it is all back together. I ICP sensor must have been bad as it started fine after I replaced the old one. I got the valve covers back on and the intercooler tubes etc. all put back on. While I was working on it I also cleaned the exhaust pressure sensor tube and cleaned the sensor. Does, that all make sense to you non 7.3 guys. It wasn't hard stuff, just a lot of stuff to take apart to get at things. I still have the fender liner out on the passenger side and need to fix the horns that don't work. I got one to work, but it sounds like a sick toot. Sorta like being around Chad.

I think I have a couple of horns off an old full size LTD in the garage and I may wire those up somewhere under the hood and get rid of the stock location behind the headlight inside the fender covered by the fender liner.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:01 PM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had a great time visitin with Flip4ford and my other buds it was great doing business with you guys if you need anything else don't be afraid to holler

Old 10-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Del - Sick Toot? I have healthy full blown toots :-)

Smoken had a great time :-)

Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
78 & 87 Super Cab
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did nothing but look at Mine, it's sidelined till I can get a fuel pump on, and a new vacuum advance for the dist

Old 10-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by husker
I got the SD back running, but still want to do a couple of things before it is all back together. I ICP sensor must have been bad as it started fine after I replaced the old one. I got the valve covers back on and the intercooler tubes etc. all put back on. While I was working on it I also cleaned the exhaust pressure sensor tube and cleaned the sensor. Does, that all make sense to you non 7.3 guys. It wasn't hard stuff, just a lot of stuff to take apart to get at things. I still have the fender liner out on the passenger side and need to fix the horns that don't work. I got one to work, but it sounds like a sick toot. Sorta like being around Chad.

I think I have a couple of horns off an old full size LTD in the garage and I may wire those up somewhere under the hood and get rid of the stock location behind the headlight inside the fender covered by the fender liner.
Del, I have an OOGAH horn that I bought for my pickup that I would be happy to give ya, its brand new. Otherwise, some day I will get around to putting it on mine.

Last night I replaced the radiator on my wife's van, I will give the engineers one thing, this dodge GCV is sure easy to work on, must be because they built it to break down all the time. But on the plus side, I now have an new respect for the ol van that I hated since the day she bought it. I nearly had the radiator out and in my hands in about 15 minutes. would have been faster if I could have reached the bottom clips for the power steering cooler.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Did she hit something and poke a hole in it?

I have a new crank and rods for my 63 :-)

Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
no, the plastic cracked. and in a weird place too. I could have maybe mended it with some JB weld, or something, but I am not always around when she is driving, so I can't always be there to go get her if she gets stranded, so I figured it best to replace it with a new one.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:40 AM
husker
Hotshot
Didn't do anything to the trucks yesterday except pick up a part for the SD at the stealer and a new battery for POJ. The old battery should have been replaced a long time ago as it doesn't have much staying power. Now I need to get stuff back together.

Good job Curtis and Chad congrats on the parts.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:33 AM
78 & 87 Super Cab
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Garden Spyder
Del, I have an OOGAH horn that I bought for my pickup that I would be happy to give ya, its brand new. Otherwise, some day I will get around to putting it on mine.

Last night I replaced the radiator on my wife's van, I will give the engineers one thing, this dodge GCV is sure easy to work on, must be because they built it to break down all the time. But on the plus side, I now have an new respect for the ol van that I hated since the day she bought it. I nearly had the radiator out and in my hands in about 15 minutes. would have been faster if I could have reached the bottom clips for the power steering cooler.
Those OOGAH horns are cool!!!. If Del doesn't want it, I'd take it

Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 PM
husker
Hotshot
Curtis, you need to put the oogah on the IH. It would be out of place on the SD. Now on the Bronco, it would be a fit.

I pulled the horns out of the SD tonight and one is badly corroded on the connections in both the horn and the leads. I looked under the hood to try to find a better place to mount the horns, but there isn't really a good place. I may just pick up a new horn and connection and put them back inside the inner fender liner.

I also replaced the battery in POJ after it wouldn't start at the stealer yesterday. Now, it has a new battery.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
I have an old 6 vlt ooogha horn in the "65 hooked up to 12vlt-- it OOOOGHS really loud and quick!

Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 AM
husker
Hotshot
I got the horns replaced on the SD last night. Now to get that stinkin inner fender liner put back and hopefully all is well again. I wish the weather was going to be a little warmer so the darn thing was a little more pliable.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:53 PM
husker
Hotshot
Finally got the fender liner back in after a couple of runs for bolts and plastic fender plugs. Took it for a short drive and everything seems to be good.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
That is great Del!~

Quick Reply: What did you do to your truck today..