1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

possible F3 for parts

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Links_vette
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible F3 for parts

While looking for some parts for my 49 F1 I asked my best friend's father (farmer) if he had anything back in the grove or if he would ask any of his friends if they might or would mind me taking a look around. Well he found a F3 behind one of his barns and what he called a "flower/tree pot" of what he thinks was an F2. I'm going to go back home to take a look at these trucks but don't think I'll need anything off of either of them.

Anyway since I've had such a problem finding a parts truck I thought I would ask if anyone is looking for parts for an F3. As far warning, I think I remember playing in/on/under this truck when I was a child, and it was a tetanus shot waiting to happen back then (20 plus years ago).

As for answering the "location" question, the farm is outside Manilla Iowa which is between Omaha NE, Des Moines IA, and Souix City IA. I'm located in Omaha NE and figured I would try and take pictures and pull off any parts that look salvageable.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
'49 F3
Freshman User
Talking

I'm a sucker for old, abandoned iron. It's almost a spiritual experience salvaging it!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
yep, I am going to be dragging a 51 F3 home probably next week, or sooner if I can clear a spot for it sooner. Its pretty rusty and dented up pretty good but I can always use a few more parts plus a friend locally needs the cab so it's a good excuse to go get it.
speaking of F3's are the axles and wheels (8 lug) any use to anyone? the express bed on this one is rusted through pretty bad also.

Josh

Old 04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Links_vette
Senior User
made it out to the farm saturday while I was back visiting the parents. The old F3 appears to have been used as a parts truck alread... there is no rear suspension but the body panels have held up fairly well. both fenders have 1 spot that i noticed where the rust has eaten thru the hood and running boards looked good (minus what appears to be a good sized dent on the passenger side).

Btw, I've always wondered what type of truck the last two pictures are of. The plate shows it was last registered in 51.

Peterson's 49 Ford - Trip to the farm

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Abomination
Senior User
Wow... does it have the "Ford" badges on both side of the hood still?

~Jason

Old 04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Links_vette
Senior User
yes, but the pictures show that the top long piece of trim is missing on both sides of the hood. And i also just noticed the truck is badged as an F5 not F3... I was still hung over when i went and looked at it, obviously wasn't on my game.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Abomination
Senior User
I noticed the front bumper, which I'm looking for, along with those "Ford" hood badges and the letters, and accelerator pedal linkage.

But I'm REALLY into the bumper.

You looking for cash, or trades? I live in Kansas City, maybe we can work something out? PM or email me!

~Jason

Originally Posted by Links_vette
yes, but the pictures show that the top long piece of trim is missing on both sides of the hood. And i also just noticed the truck is badged as an F5 not F3... I was still hung over when i went and looked at it, obviously wasn't on my game.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I dont know what that last picture is of but its a cool looking truck? , also check the transmission, if it has the detachable half bellhousing (hogshead) with the clutch fork on the front of it they have some value for someone attaching a T5 transmission to a flathead. the running boards dont look to bad and people are always looking for a decent pair.

Cheers
Josh

Old 04-13-2009, 07:00 PM
gearhead1952
Senior User
Jason you don't want that front bumper even if its perfect. The F4-F6 have a much larger bumper than the f1-f3 trucks. Looks the same but much larger.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Links_vette
Senior User
maybe he wants to go deer hunting with his truck...

Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Abomination
Senior User
After seeing Bob's F2 with one, man - I totally do!

Beef Noodle Hearty!

~Jason

Originally Posted by gearhead1952
Jason you don't want that front bumper even if its perfect. The F4-F6 have a much larger bumper than the f1-f3 trucks. Looks the same but much larger.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Links_vette
Senior User
hmmm... that does look nice.... maybe the part is no longer available... jk!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 PM
gearhead1952
Senior User
Originally Posted by Abomination
After seeing Bob's F2 with one, man - I totally do!

Beef Noodle Hearty!

~Jason

LOL hmm maybe.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Abomination
Senior User
Might look a little weird paired with the stock-sized rear tow bumper I got from you a few months ago, but hey - it's a tow bumper! It's cool in it's own right!

~Jason

Originally Posted by gearhead1952
LOL hmm maybe.

Search this Thread