1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New kid.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
BaptismByFire
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New kid.

Hello, I'm a newbie here. I'm a college kid and I own a '59 F100. I inherited it from my great-great grandpa, and it has 11,000 miles. It's just sat in a barn for most of my life, but now I got some time and a little money, and I'm going to start restoring it soon. Anyways, I'm looking foreward to being a part of this community.
Thanks, Dustin B.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Half Breed
Elder User
Welcome to the site. Great folks and lots of great info here. Sounds like a great truck you've got there and only 11,000 miles, man I could be jealous for a little bit. Does it still run? Much rust? Be sure to do some before pictures and the some after pic.'s I beleive with a truck like that and doing a resto on it I'd think about taking pic.'s at every stage and putting them in a binder with all the records to document the complete process. Good luck. Keep us posted. Once again Welcome to the site.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 AM
BaptismByFire
New User
Thanks. Ya, it's got some some rust, mostly the bed. But the bedrails, cab, front end and tailgate are all in pretty good condition. The engine hasn't been started in 14 years, and that's my first step. I'm pulling it out and hauling it up here next time I visit my parents(the trucks setting in their barn) and rebuilding it. I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures.
Thanks again, Dustin B.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 AM
gdgerland
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, Dustin. Sounds like a great project. Looking forward to following your progress.

Gil

Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,840 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Welcome to the board Dustin

Its nice to inherit a truck that has family history. Thats pretty amazing that it has such low miles, very cool. Sounds like a great candidate for keeping it mostly stock. I know it will be tough as a starving college student but you'll make it, unless you do something silly and a woman comes into the picture....lol.
Even if thats the case, remember, an old truck will always wait for you

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics
Bobby

Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
Hi Dustin, welcome to FTE!!.....It does my "old" heart good to see another youngster getting into this old vehicle hobby of ours!!!......far to many younger adults have absolutly "0" interest in preserving anything to do with history....It all seems to be about all that is "new" nowadays..........good luck with your project, sounds like a good one to start with and remember, all good things take time!....enjoy and have fun!
Later, Doug