Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Been awhile.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 PM
brthevio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Been awhile.

Hey everyone, I know it has been a bit since I have posted. Work got really busy. My son has decided not to sell the truck! We really haven't done much to it lately. Just a new Accell super coil, cap, rotor and wires. Other than that nothing has really changed. Well we did have to put a new set of tires on the back. Once it was running right the ones that were on there didn't last long. We are looking into what to put on the back window to antagonize those less worthy trucks that are on the road. So far we are thinking a heartbeat done with pin stripeing across the back window that goes nuts about halfway across then flatlines with the words "The heartbeat stops here!!" above it and "You can't ram what you can't catch!" across the bottom. When and where is the next GTG? We would really like to come to one of them. Other than that, how is everyone doing? Hope all is well with all of the members. Now that things have slowed a bit at work I will be checking back on a regular basis. Talk to everyone later.

Casey.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Casey. It has been a while. That last GTG was today.....we had a great time. We're thinking mid June for the next one, but we didn't decide on an exact time or place. Interesting in hosting one? We love to travel.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Hi Casey glad to hear you still have the truck . We are looking for some one to host the next G2G but if your not up for that how about checking out my new Cruiz'n thread https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...thing-new.html

Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 PM
brthevio
Senior User
My work schedule is so screwy I would be afraid to try and host a GTG. I wish things would settle down. One week we work 84 hours, then we work 50 then 70 this week it's only 40. It is driving me nuts. We can't make plans for anything. I guess I shouldn't complain with the way the job market is though. I should just be happy that I am working still. It just gets annoying. How has everyone been doing lately? If anyone is looking for trucks let me know. I know of two here local that are for sale. One is like a 67 with a 390 body looks solid needs very, very minor repairs. The other is a 79 I believe for $1000 it think it is a 351m and needs a drivers side window and that is it as far as I know. Anyway it's good to be back. Might even be buying another ford for my middle son. We are going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it works out, he has been killing me looking at S-10's. Wish me luck. Talk to you later.

Casey

Old 03-19-2009, 11:17 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
SSSSSSSSSSSSS-10 s' Take him out behind the barn and use the real thin belt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Heck with that....make him cut his own switch!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Or you could be like my Dad "You ain't parking that in my yard" when I came home with another brand

Old 03-20-2009, 11:22 PM
662billybob101
New User
Talking

casey i like you but not that much lol!!! i was born and bred chevy now i am some of all i have a dodge i drive everyday a nissan my wife drives that will probably fall apart any day now ( but the motor will still be running i dont think you can hurt it) and 2 fords that neither run and they frustrate me no all jokes aside i like my bronco and want to get it running real bad the dodge about ready to throw it away the nissan neeeds alot of attention i am glad i am meeting people that knowfords so i can find parts and learn the breed that nothing interchanges on

Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 PM
brthevio
Senior User
Ok, we went and looked at the Ranger. OMG, I have seen some shady mechanic work before but nothing like this. The radiator was being held in by an extension cord, the driver's side headlight didn't come on with the switch, he had installed a toggle switch where the driver's turn signal is supposed to be to turn on that headlight. When he pulled the tranny he left the torque converter bolted to the flywheel. The body is solid with very minimal dents. The interior looked like a family of apes have been living in the truck. Then he tried to convince me that the oil running out of the motor everywhere(Motor is supposed to only have 100 miles since rebuild) was from the lower radiator hose that got punctured. The lift kit is the backyard 4x4 post cut into lifting blocks(which is ok) but the cab sits at an angle compared to the box. Then he proceeds to tell me that the title is still in the name of the guy he bought the truck from and that guy is in prison. It was right about then that I just laughed and walked away. So the search is still on. Sometimes it amazes me the stuff people will actually drive down the road. Yeah, as for the S-10 thing, I have already told him that my hands don't understand that brand of vehicles. Billybob, it's ok, it takes some people a little longer to come around, but we won't hold that against you, so pull up a seat and check out some of the topics and threads, you will be amazed at some of the knowledge the guys on here have to offer. Not to mention check to see if you have a local or state chapter in your area. FTE has been in my experience a group of guys that truly love their vehicles and don't mind helping you out in anyway they can. So join the party.
I will keep everyone up to date on the truck search. I can say this for my middle boy, atleast he wants a truck!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
A chunk of 4x4 lumber used as a body lift is not ok. Not in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

At least you got to have some fun looking at a genuine death trap in person.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
brthevio
Senior User
I didn't say the cut 4X4 was safe. It isn't how I would do the lift. But, I do know that it is fairly common. What I was trying to get to was the fact that they didn't even take the time to make sure that the body lines remained straight. I am astonished that they didn't cut the fenders with a torch to make room for the bigger tires after seeing the rest of the contraptions that were holding the truck together. The sad thing is, if I had another ranger with a good drivetrain and smashed body I would have bought it for the body itself. The body was in excellent shape except for the interior. All it needed bodywise was a new grill and it had a dent in the tailgate. It sucks to know that a truck that had true potential is going to end up in a scrapyard after something that has been cobbled together on it lets loose and causes an accident. I just hope that they manage to destroy it offroad before they end hurting someone other than themselves.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM
662billybob101
New User
what exactly are you looking for maby i can help i know where there is a late 80s not sure exactly what model pick up its a long wheel base 4x4 300 with a 5 speed i believe i can get it for around 500 let me know i will help you with the search if you want me to i can send you pictures of the truck i am talking about just let me know

Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
brthevio
Senior User
The middle boy is being difficult. He wants something newer, he doesn't like the square body styles. He wants extended cab step side. But, he said he is more worried about the extended cab than he is the step side. The older boy was easy, he is more into the older cars and trucks. The middle one is more of a fit in with everyone else type person. So I figured I have a year to look before he starts driving on his own. The closer we get to the time that he is able to do so, the less picky he will be. I keep trying to tell him that there is no way that I am spending the type of money he wants to pay for a truck on his first vehicle. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to just buy something and turn him loose in it. I want to be able to drive it for a little bit and make sure it is 100% before I give it to him. He is open to a ranger that is the body style of the 97 model year. Other than that he wants one of the I believe 94 and up S-10. Doesn't have to be 4x4 though. No stick shifts. They get distracted easily enough without having to shift. I will teach them standards after they can drive an auto without wrecking it.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
662billybob101
New User
ok i will look around for you the s 10 around here you can pick up pretty cheap my cousin had one he was trying to sell i think it was a 98 extended cab 2.2 auto clean truck i think he was asking 2000 for it i will see if he still has it

Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by brthevio
The middle boy is being difficult.
Most boys are. My kids are going to get the same choice I was offered.....drive what I give you or go buy your own.

Quick Reply: Been awhile.