2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? On offroad lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? On offroad lights

Ok so I have 2 Pro Comp 130 watt 6" Stainless Steel offroad lights. The first one the bulb blew up and couldnt find a new 130 watt around me and online it was 13 buck plus 13 shipping. So I called the company and they sent me a new one. Well the new one they sent me all the screws in the back have came out and it allows the light housing to move a little. I was wondering if I took the lense cover off fixed it and put it back on if I would have problems with water getting in. They have a pretty heavy duty rubber gasket on them. I would rather just fix it myself it would take 5 minutes then having to wait 4 days. But just dont want to have water problems with it. Any people with experience with this?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
ggwash21
Senior User
That big blue gasket on pro comp im pretty sure you can take it on and off as many times as possible. But i will give you a heads up. I had many pro comps and always had a bulb problem. try Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and look up hella 500's I found a killer deal on a set for $40 plus shipping and they came with 55w bulb but i upgraded to the 130W for an extra $11 and for $55 for everything these put Pro comps to shame..... And they take up less room
just my .02

Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Ok I will do it myself hopefully it wont let water in I doubt it will. The bulb went out after only using it twice. I looked all over the place for off road lights and Procomp was the only ones I could find that were at a decent price. I really wanted KC but didnt want that yellow cover on the front of my truck. I always keep them covered when not in use. I think I got my procomps for I think 80 bucks a for the two with the 130 watt bulbs

Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 PM
ggwash21
Senior User
Lift Kits, Winches, Tires, & Wheels by 4 Wheel Parts has them pro comps super cheap now. I think pro comp is doing away with them I didnt see them on their new product page. Also my Hella's come with a clear protector cover that stays on when in use and keeps rocks off them

Old 03-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Still Smoking
Elder User
Ya thats where I ordered them. I just went on there to get the number to call before I posted this but their warranty claims service is horrible after 20 minutes they on hold they hang up on you. They want 81 for the pair so its about what I paid for mine. I went on the procomp website when I bought mine before christmass and all they had was stuff on liftkits and i think tires and rims