Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
A late MArch BS thread

Well this got started a little late but we have been talking...

Well lets see we got a meet coming up this sat!!! What else is going on with you guys??
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Work has been slow this week. Not one job yet. Must be making up for the past 3 weeks. Saturday I had a job up in Fowler IN, a little north of Lafayette, IN. Apparently they will be the home of the largest wind farm in the world when they get all the windmills up. At present, they have 135 up and running. They went up last year. This year they're suppose to put up another 100. When all is said and done, they are suppose to have over 1000 electric windmills up and running. They do make alittle noise, it's a hum you hear coming from them. The guy whose farm I was at, has 2 of them on his property. He gets $5000.00 a year from the electric company, and all the electricity he needs. They are something to see, I have to admit.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Elder User

whjco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We got back from Hilton Head Is., SC on Saturday after a week's vacation so I'm playing catchup. We also bought a "new" 2006 Starcraft travel trailer while we were in Savannah, GA and we're having fun getting it all equipped. We had a Coleman popup for 15 years and had a lot of good times with it but sold it about 16 years ago.

I'll be heading to Stearns, KY within a week or two to plum an air circuit for a whistle that the Big South Fork Scenic Railway is installing on their "new" locomotive.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Stearns, Ky. Where is that? Southern Ky? What kind of locomative? Diesel, or steam? I like railroads. It must be the kid in me! One of these days I'm going to take the wife and kids down to the dinner train in Bardstown. We talk about it, but haven't gone yet.

Glad you had a good trip. If you have the time to take the drive, and you don't mind some curvy roads, when coming up from the Carolinas, take I-26 north to US-23, and take it up to Prestonsburg, Ky, and take Hwy 114 to the Mountain Pky, or run US-23 on up to I-64. It is out of the way, but it is a scenic drive if you've never done it. I've been through many of the roads in eastern ky, and virginia, so if you want some ideas as for a scenic ride, I may be able to give you some possibilities.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Postmaster

kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think I am going to work on some forward controls for my bike this month. Only a couple places make them for the 500 vulcan and they all want between $400-600 for a set! I can fab a set up for nothing besides my time and make them from stainless.
81 BRONCO 6.9 IDI, ARP headstuds, 3" dual straight pipes, isspro pyrometer, T18 4 Speed, 10.25 rear, d60 front, 4:10 gears, 37x12.5x16.5 wrangler m/t's (humvee takeoffs), 4" body lift. I am building the Bronco Ford should have!
Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Post Fiend

Nothing again today. But I do have a couple jobs lined up for next week. That's good. One is over off Old Lexington Pike, just past Truck and Trailer. Gotta love the ones close to home.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Posting Guru

rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.rywegh has a good reputation on FTE.
Ryan M Weghorn
Yay John! Glad to hear you are getting some work lined up.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Post Fiend

The past 3 weeks I was real busy. Feast or famine I guess. I'll explain what I do tomorrow. Most can't comprehend what I do unless I can show them. Heck, 6 years ago I wouldn't have understood it myself!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Postmaster

kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sounds familar lol. When I try to tell people that I build bell hardware.
81 BRONCO 6.9 IDI, ARP headstuds, 3" dual straight pipes, isspro pyrometer, T18 4 Speed, 10.25 rear, d60 front, 4:10 gears, 37x12.5x16.5 wrangler m/t's (humvee takeoffs), 4" body lift. I am building the Bronco Ford should have!
Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter