General Automotive Discussion

"Get Your V-8s and Rear-Drive Cars While You Can"

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Get Your V-8s and Rear-Drive Cars While You Can"

Here's a good article to read about the realities of the future BS CAFE standard not to mention California's AB 1493 if it's allowed and how they are going to be affecting future products.

Get Your V-8s and Rear-Drive Cars While You Can | Car News Blog at Motor Trend

Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was, and am, fuming ever since the idiots in washington thought they could just snap their fingers and cut the CAFE standards time line in half. They are clueless on R&D times then berate the auto makers when they come to sit in front of them. Ford is definitely having trouble with the Mustang as they have huge rebates and almost every lot has at least a few '08s still in stock. Great time to buy one though

I'd also mention Ford is going to push that ecoboost V6 into everything it can to try and modularize even more, it will be interesting if it can make the kind of torque we like and need in trucks and sports cars.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 AM
MuddyAxles II
Junior User
In some ways it makes me happy

To be getting older. By the time they have taken all the fun out of anything to do with motoring, I probably won't care anymore.

It's a sad thing for the young people, but they can't miss what they never had. I regret I didn't get into it more when I could have.

I really learned alot and enjoyed rebuilding that 283 when I was 16. Even my sons have no idea what was possible, what could be done.

I have four vehicles on the property, two registered, two not-but repairable, all RWD. Guess I'll hang onto them as long as possible.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
MuddyAxles II
Junior User
Some key words in this post

Originally Posted by galaxie641
I was, and am, fuming ever since the idiots in washington thought they could just snap their fingers and cut the CAFE standards time line in half. They are clueless on R&D times then berate the auto makers when they come to sit in front of them. Ford is definitely having trouble with the Mustang as they have huge rebates and almost every lot has at least a few '08s still in stock. Great time to buy one though

I'd also mention Ford is going to push that ecoboost V6 into everything it can to try and modularize even more, it will be interesting if it can make the kind of torque we like and need in trucks and sports cars.
One is idiots. Another is thought.

When the idiots figure out they can't think (properly) we will be much better off.