Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
New User

Ripster is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 f250 transmission problems?

Hey everybody, I have a 08 f250 superduty with a automatic in her.( I call my truck her, I hope that does not offend anybody )Every so often but not all the time it seems like the transmission does not feel like it shifts like it should. Sometimes when you are going from 60kms to 80kms it kind of feels like it studders between 3rd and forth and then every once in awhile if you are driving at 50kms and give her a little shot it feels like she shifts down into a lower gear quicker then she should almost like it is spinning on ice, again this only happens once in awhile. I have her in the performance mode of my superchip and I have also installed a Banks cold air intake on her.One other note I have had the transmission flushed and new fluid put back in her. Please let me hear what you think....Thanks
Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Post Fiend

horsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputationhorsepuller has a superb reputation
Moved from 2011 F100 forum. Welcome and thanks for joining us at FTE!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Posting Guru

DAVE67FD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The terminology you use for your truck "Her" is correct. All vehicles are typically refered to as "Female"

If you feel or think you have a problem with the tranny you should bring it to the dealer as i am assuming it is still under warrany.

"06" F-250 XLT/SC/LB/FX4/5.4L/ 6-SPD man.
man.transfer & hubs/HD service front springs/rear swaybar/Line-X/"BLACK"

"04" Escape Limited/"BLACK"
"00" Mustang V6/"BLACK"
"71" Bronco, 302, "BLACK/RED"
"67" Fairlane 500 Conv./289 HI-PO/"RED"
Ohh Ya Almost Forgot-"96" Nissan Pathfinder/"BLACK"
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
New User

Did take it to the dealer and they said they could not find any codes, and of course it wasnt acting up when they looked at it. Has there been any issues with the solnoid packs on the trans?.....Thanks for responding by the way.......What do you think?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Posting Guru

caprang is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Could be an issue with the TCM Trans Control Module
Job #3 build, 2" leveling kit, rear air bags, smoked cab lights and mirror lenses
Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
TCM may be a issue. Had something similar to that when my truck was new (600 miles). Replaced and been fine ever since.

You might try taking it back to a stock setting and see what that does for it.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
New User

wildbill6970 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you ever figure it out? My 08 f250 is doing the same thing and its stock.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripster View Post
Hey everybody, I have a 08 f250 superduty with a automatic in her.( I call my truck her, I hope that does not offend anybody )
Most vehicles, ships, tractors, trucks, etc. are referred to as she. I have always thought it was a complement to the female gender as they are being considered and thought of.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 AM
New User

Ford dealer has my truck now they seem to think it might be a sticky solnoid on the tranny but not sure. It only does it once in a great while so of course it is haed to pin point. Are you having the same problems?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM
New User

turbo229 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a bully dog triple dog tuner and my truck is doing the same thing. While in performance mode it shifts fine unless I really lay into the throttle from a stop. While in stock mode if I put a little torque on the transmission it starts jumping around in gears and shifts hard. Taking it to the dealer this week. 60,000 mile warranty and im sitting at 59,000.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo229 View Post
I have a bully dog triple dog tuner and my truck is doing the same thing. While in performance mode it shifts fine unless I really lay into the throttle from a stop. While in stock mode if I put a little torque on the transmission it starts jumping around in gears and shifts hard. Taking it to the dealer this week. 60,000 mile warranty and im sitting at 59,000.
When you are bringing yours back to stock. Are you giving it enough time to re-learn?

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 AM
New User

How much time should I be giving it? Im probably not.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 AM

I'd run it from a stop thru all the gears several times so at least 10-20 miles I would think.

Maybe even from a stop, full throttle up to about 60 mph then let off, come to a stop then repeat a couple of times.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 AM
New User

That is good advise, I will try that and post the results.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 AM

When I bought my Banks 6 gun they advised 3 WOT to 60 mph, then slow to 30 and hammer it back up to 60 mph.

They suggested that for level power setting.

I did that one time. Just running thru the gears as I suggested does the same thing.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, 250, f250, ford, issues, job, problems, slip, sticky, tranny, transmishion, transmission, transmissions, trouble, trucks