Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Got it home

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 AM
clydesride
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it home

Just a note about my wife's new (to us) Flex....

Got a slightly used one for a decent price, found several things I like about it, it has very similar Ford feelings to it like my beloved EX, actually has amazing seats, very sure footed in crappy snow conditions, the best headlights I have used and a stereo that is really very good.

Over-all we are happy with it as a good vehicle to get the herd around in and fun to drive... I only hope it has the Ford quality in it!!

I will obviously use my EX to tow and work with but this thing is not too bad for the other times...

Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 304 Likes on 279 Posts
Congrats on the new to you Flex.

We just got back in December a new to us slightly use Edge that had 7100 miles on it. My wife loves it in the crappy snow and slush conditions that we do get on the roads and it too is a fun ride to drive.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM
clydesride
Senior User
Thanks Tiny, I am becoming more of a fan of this AWD stuff, seems to work ok and I still get to keep my beloved EX.

D

Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 AM
sorensenj
Senior User
I'm partial to having a 4 wheel drive pickup for myself to drive especially for Wisconsin winters but my wife doesn't like driving a pickup so getting her a car that she feels safe in during the winter has been difficult until we bought her a 2008 Taurus X AWD SEL. I'm truely amazed at how well these cars function in the snow! I realize it's a front wheel drive with rear assist and that front wheel drives do a good job on their own in snow but that added rear wheel assist really makes this car fun to drive in snow. Well done Ford!
The D3 platform is producing some great vehicles with the Explorer to join in 2010. Sadly, the X looks like it is on it's last run but at least the platform moves on with the Edge, Flex and new Explorer.
When we were looking at cars we were torn between the Egde and the X. I liked the Edge because it is a little more compact but you'd expect that from a pickup truck driver. My wife on the other hand likes the extra space (she's always hauling things around, I don't know how she managed hauling all her crap with her Mustang!) and fell in love with the X.
Sounds like you guys are experiencing the same with your Flex and Edge. Who knew cars could be this much fun again.