Sponsored by: Moser

Spray in liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 PM
MY1STCREW
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spray in liner

I am looking for a good spray in liner particularly one that does not fade. I have seen Rhino's in a few trucks but they were all faded. So if anyone has had good luck with a certain brand I would like to hear about them. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:59 PM
ckrichard
Elder User
I prefer Line-X over Rhino. I think the application process is much better along with the Line-X liner being a stronger material. I am planing on getting mine sprayed sometime soon.

Chris

Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
I had a Rhino in my SD, and I have one in my new truck too. Yeah, I guess the Rhino did fade some over the years, but it never really seemed to bother me......but, to each his own. Despite the fading though, I absolutely loved it. It does an excellent job of keeping things from sliding all over the place in the bed, and it was tough as nails. I shoveled mulch and gravel, hauled firewood, cinder blocks, you name it. It never peeled, chipped, or really even showed any signs of wear (besides the fading). I liked it so much that I had one put in my new truck the same week I bought it. The only time it can be a hindrance is when you are trying to slide something really heavy into or out of the bed... the anti-skid properties work against you at that point.

In regards to the fading, I have seen some product that you are supposed to be able to spray/treat the liner with to make it look new again.... I never really looked into it though.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Linex will give you that nonfade look but it's like sandpaper on the knees and stuff.

I have Rhino in my truck and it's pretty much indestructible like cpdorrah said.

Also like he said, the only time I've had an issue with it is when I had a pallet of concrete put in my truck.

-rockstate

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
moosesp
Junior User
I have had the Rino liner and the Bull Dog liner and I prefer the Bull Dog liner hands down. The Rino is much softer then the Bull Dog liner and is more suseptable to damage. My last two trucks have had the Bull Dog and they looked the same after five years of use as the first day they were sprayed. This is just my opinion!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Chris Anchor
Elder User
Rhino in the new truck-if installed correctly then nice liner but if done wrong or slip shot (my last truck) then it's not worth a d#$%. The installer must prepare the surface and get the thickness of the spray right. The only thing about these spray on lines is that if you put a dent into the wheel well you see it vs drop in plastic that hides the dents. Chris

Old 03-04-2009, 09:49 AM
mstang66guy
Senior User
The military uses Line-x to coat their buildings in Iraq to protect them against small bombs. The cool factor of that would make me want to get the Line-X. Plus in my opinion they have the best product and they do the best job with color matched liners. I have seen many Line-X beds and they all are perfectly matched to the color of the truck.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
kaminsco
Junior User
I had the Line-x installed on mine and I am very happy wiht it so far.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
LINE-X with the optional LINE-X Xtra product: No fading, no loss of gloss, easier to clean, more stain resistant, fortified with DuPont Kevlar (which is 5 times stronger than steel), available in black or any color. The LINE-X bedliner product is 31% stronger than Rhino Tuff Grip or Hardline.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
MacGyver_FF/EMT
New User
Has anyone had their bed sprayed with the tailgate step? I am wondering how they would go about that cause there is a plastic plate that is built up to recess the step handle. Do they remove the plate or spray right over it? I would appreciate if someone knows. Be Safe.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
99.9% of the time, those tailgates are not sprayed. However, the plastic piece does come off and the tailgate can be sprayed, but plastic piece has to be put back on.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Originally Posted by MacGyver_FF/EMT
Has anyone had their bed sprayed with the tailgate step? I am wondering how they would go about that cause there is a plastic plate that is built up to recess the step handle. Do they remove the plate or spray right over it? I would appreciate if someone knows. Be Safe.
They didn't spray my tailgate, and it actually saved a little money. It sounds like everyone is pretty happy with their Line-X, but I was under the impression that it's anti-skid properties weren't as good as the Rhino....in other words, the Line-X is slicker?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
NewBlueGuy
Freshman User
I've got Line-X in my 09 - looks great and really keeps things from sliding. I don't have it on the tailgate, which at first bothered me a bit, but I've gotten used to it. As both are black, it works.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
mg5ford
New User
Cost of liner?

What does a LINE X or RHINO liner cost ? Do not have a LINE X dealer in my area.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
My Rhino liner came out to $398 with tax. Note that I have the 5.5 foot bed, and he didn't have to spray the tailgate either since I have the "man step".

I got a real deal when I had my SD done several years ago. The place that did it had just opened and was running specials. The whole bed (6.75'), tailgate and all was $400.

Quick Reply: Spray in liner