Porting Guide

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porting Guide

I was plinking around and stumbled across this site. I have a spare pair of D3VEs I was just going to remove the "bump" on but now I'll see if I can't get some flow. D3-specific-porting-guide-index I'd like some feed back from the 460 gurus here. I want to build on a budget and have plenty of time and patients to do the tedius stuff myself. What is the feeling on the budget stroker kits on evilbay. I want to be able to do a nice burnout, cruise empty, or drag a new project home on a dolly. It won't be a workhorse dragging a 5th wheel cross country just short hauls across town.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 AM
mcdonaldm
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
go to reincarnation-automotive dot com website. it will cost you $25 to sign up to get the best site and authority on porting the D3 heads anywhere. step by step instructions and pics on the proper way to port the stock head.

as far as stroker kits, remember you get what you pay for. the kits are cheap usually for a reason.

that being said, if you do decide to get a stroker kit (and absolutely nothing wrong with that) be prepared for a lot of extra costs associated with getting the kit correct. a lot of the kits need to be balanced and that can get expensive if metal has to be added. also make sure you have a real decent machine shop check over the crank and rods for correct machining. lots of those aftermarket kits have pretty questionable finish maching done to them that needs to be corrected to survive.

there are also lots of good shops that specialize in the 460's that sell stoker kits also, they might be more expensive up front, but you get a good quality kit that will end up being cheaper in the long run.

good luck with the build.

Mike