Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

The REAL DEAL Ohio March B/S Madness session

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The REAL DEAL Ohio March B/S Madness session

Well.............it's COMING................................

SPRING!!!

Get ready to set your clocks AHEAD and throw them freak'n coats back in the closet.

It won't get here quick enough.

UPDATE: Been working steadily on my buddies Tbird(remember that one). We waited 5 weeks for rear wheel tubs. First set was 2 wks and they were damaged. 3 wks later we got what we needed. Last few weeks we've made MAJOR headway in getting them installed. They are pretty much IN, with only a few things to trim up and some painting before we rivet them in for good. We can then start back on the roll cage which has been sitting since Xmas break! The hoop/halo was welded and painted back in Jan, so likely we'll be able to finally weld it in and finish the pipe work in the next couple weeks.

It's been 14 yrs and this is the MOST that has ever been done on the car. Friend is getting happier with every little thing that gets done. Not sure if it will actually see the track this year, but at least it will be drivable!

About one month til all FORD swap meet in Columbus. Anyone making plans yet?

Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
F250FarmBoy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRING ON SPRING!!!! I'm sick of this 15* crap!

I have so much stuff planned to do when we get warmer weather: yard work (love doing that...seriously), clean out the barn (not so much), and tinker with the truck (my favorite!!!)

When is that swap meet??? I have a brother going to OSU so that would be an awesome thing to do while I'm in the area.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Svets96
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can not wait for nice weather once again.!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the swap is march 28-29 its posted in the swap meet with a link. freightrain are you parting your 67 out I'am looking for a set of inner fenders for my 68

Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Ya, I'll be scrap'n it come nicer weather. Only problem is the sheetmetal is JUNK with capital "J". The bed is the only nice, solid part on the truck anymore and it's spoken for already. Buddy has a bump trailer he's had for long time and the bed is gone so he wants my bed to replace it with. Mechanical is good, but I'm keeping most of the powertrain. Got some newer pieces, like radiator and power steering box/pump, steering column that could use a new home. Trim is all good for most part, usable, though not perfect. I'll post about it when I start into it.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well, spent the last 2 1/2 days at home. Got a kick in the gut with the flu. Gawd. The good news is I'm down near 10 lbs!! Haven't been this weight for 15 yrs LOL!!! Just getting back into things again, and might actually eat something today(been 3 days without food, only fluids).

At least it's Friday!!! (and payday)

Old 03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
That bug is going around at work I was lucky so far theres guys that where pretty bad ill.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

I got it Tues Evening, just talked to buddy, he had it Wed evening. Ya, it's going around.............it's not IF..just WHEN!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:31 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Freightrain are you and your buddy planning on going to the Ford drag at Summit Raceway Park in July?

Old 03-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Ya, likely will be there as in years past(when it was Fun Ford Weekend). I wouldn't count on the Tbird making it this year? It might all fall together better as the weather gets warmer, but it's still got a long road ahead.

Here's me in print a couple years ago:

Ford Mustang On The Strip Photo

WARMTH!!!!

Got the bike out this afternoon!!!! Yahoooo!
Went to the big Dave/Ed swapmeet at Canton fairgrounds today, picked up some misc. supplies for the garage and came home. It was wayyy too nice to just work, so I got the bike fired up and went cruiz'n. Spent about an hour, made a pit stop at my old neighbors new house(few miles away) then came home as it started to get dusk. Really nice to get some WARM wind in the face after 6 mos. of SNOW. LOTS of bikes out today for sure.

Will be working on Tbird a bit tomorrow, plus start to reassemble motor for race car(put heads back on). Life is good again.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
bmuhlbach---I have a 71 F100 and what do you have? I just pulled it out of the barn and put the cover over it. It has a 302 and it is a nice truck.
I have some parts left over but no sheetmetal.
I too cannot wait till spring. I have been south and coming here really is cold. I have to go back soon,and wish it gets warm here by the time I get back.
Bill

Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
62 degrees right now! at 1;00 am. Walford I have a 68 F100 checking into inner fenders looking for slider rear window,reese hitch. I have a 85 351w H.O. and in process of installing a c6 taking out the 3 in the tree.I have 2 70-72 grilles if your looking for one.Are you around Jupitor Florda?

Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 AM
shawn_N
Senior User
rainy and breezy. waiting for my warm weather.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

I have a nice tinted slider with new rubber and a Reese hitch from my '67.

Looking to sell off the "good" usable stuff as I know someone needs it and don't want to just scrap it.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
i'm so interested could you leave a message of what you want for the stuff.
than q
Brian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The REAL DEAL Ohio March B/S Madness session