Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Senior User

whiteaddiction is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you guys use both heating eliments?

I have my first processor in construction, I figure if I only do a batch of about 20 gallons, The top heating eliment of my water heater will not be in the oil, So do I unplug the top one and just use the bottom? Also How hot do I set the temp on the water heater? 140 Degrees? And it will shut of when it reaches this temp?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Only used bottom element (220). Heats up plenty fast. Also modified the heater to go up to 170+ by removing the stop on the thermostat. We took the top element out and put a plug in there so now there is a spare if needed...
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Senior User

whiteaddiction is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Fliginger View Post
Only used bottom element (220). Heats up plenty fast. Also modified the heater to go up to 170+ by removing the stop on the thermostat. We took the top element out and put a plug in there so now there is a spare if needed...
Will the heater shut off when the oil reaches temp? I thought 140 Was the tempature you where suppose to use?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Yes, the thermostat limits the temp. Sorry for the confusion, we run ours hotter for de-watering and distillation of the methanol. We run the reaction @ 135.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels