Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Need some help guys!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Need some help guys!!!!!!!

Does anyone have or now of someone with a rear drive shaft for an 88-89 full size Bronco with 351w c6 trans. Mine is bent and not a single yard around here has one, this is crazy.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kenpobuck
Does anyone have or now of someone with a rear drive shaft for an 88-89 full size Bronco with 351w c6 trans. Mine is bent and not a single yard around here has one, this is crazy.
No I don't have one. If it comes down to it, Cincinnati Driveline and Hydraulics can make one for you. They are open on saturdays for parts, but they charge extra for bringing in the guy that makes them. They are located at 1220 West 8th Street, Cincinnati, Oh. 513-651-2406
Do you think it could be straightened and then balanced? If they aren't bent too bad, like no crease, it may be straightened. Worth a call to ask.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Thanks, I will call them this morning.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Hey Buck, what about the driveshaft?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:49 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Sorry bout that. I took it to them monday afternoon got it back tuesday. Works great, I need to rebuild the double cardone joint though. Those guys are kinda arrognat though lol. Told me that they didn't think I can rebuild that jiont myself and asked where I would get my parts for it. I told them I would go to Kentucky Motors, that I know a guy that works there, he said " I didn't think those guys could even look the parts up in the book" I told my buddy that works for KOI about it the next day and he really went off, even called over there and ripped them good. He told them he used to send people to them for work but that was gonna stop after that comment. Man I think I started something bad lol!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:24 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I know I'm always very careful when talking bad about another business. You could easily shoot yourself in the foot so-to-speak. It's been a while since I was over there. I would agree that there are some guys that work at any parts store that can't tell the difference between anti-freeze and transmission fluid. But there is always someone at any store that knows their stiff too.They should have never said anything bad about Ky Motors. Which store do you usually go to?

Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
The one in Burlington or in Florence. The one in Florence is real nice these days.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I believe the Florence location is their #1 store. I go to the one in Alexandria. They have a new one, well, it's a couple years old now I guess, in Crittenden. I haven't been there yet.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I normally get my partgs at either the KOI in Florence on 18 or the Parts Plus/SMYTH Automotive next to the quikstop off of 18. And yes the new KOI is a nice looking place but I miss the smell of the oldtime parts store that the old KOI had.

Search this Thread