Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show your pics of EX and Trailer!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:47 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has a later 24 stud 1940 flathead, headers, dual exhaust, hydraulic brakes rather than cable actuated, Original axle that's been dropped, and 40 ford wheels and big and littles vs wires.

It's not a go fast hot rod by any means. More of a prewar hopup. I stick with the styling of the 40's and sometimes 50's / 60's.

It's a done car though. To be turned into a street rod would be terrible.

I did sell it just a couple days ago though.

This is next on the chopping block.

I won't work on it till fall / winter.<br/><br/>This is the look I plan on doing again.<br/>

Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Sorry for the hijack

Old 06-03-2015, 09:41 AM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Sorry for the hijack

Are you kidding? The threads that take a 90 degree turn are always the best !

Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Thx for the info A rod, I love the pix......... congrats on the sale & good luck with the next one..... cheers

Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The Mrs. has been talking about getting a trailer for some time now and recently she has changed her demands: Two trailers!

We were looking around for something in the 18-20 foot range and out of the blue she decides she wants "one of those little vintage trailers".

Let me just say that so far the experience has been quite eye opening and frustrating at times.

This is the first trailer that I have personally owned and the first time hooking up to one in the Ex.

I must warn everyone....

Hands down I have the ugliest/crappiest EX on this forum so the same protocols are in order as looking at an Eclipse.

Getting that little guy hooked up to the EX turned out to be a HUGE project that involved cutting torches, a new ball and an immediate tire replacement, but I dragged it home in one piece.

Then I tried to fit it in my garage...which is in a downtown laneway...like my day wasn't long enough alredy

BUT

The Mrs. is currently in the gutting stages with a big smile on her face so the trouble was well worth it.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:47 AM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
sessland, I love old shet, so I like that trailer. May I suggest a vintage appropriate paint job, like a white (or silver) and aqua two tone?? Whenever we see a vintage camper in the campground, there is always LOTS of interest. Be prepared to answer lots of questions and let complete strangers check it out when you are camping.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:02 PM
sessland
More Turbo
Originally Posted by IMASAP
sessland, I love old shet, so I like that trailer. May I suggest a vintage appropriate paint job, like a white (or silver) and aqua two tone?? Whenever we see a vintage camper in the campground, there is always LOTS of interest. Be prepared to answer lots of questions and let complete strangers check it out when you are camping.
I don't know what her color scheme will be but it's totally up to her.

Whoever painted the trailer last went over all the decals and badges so I have nothing to identify the trailer by.

I would love to be able to answer questions about it but I know nothing. I've been looking online to see if I might be able to narrow things down by the shape of the trailer and windows.

I've also seen the interest in these types of trailers steadily increasing. The prices that people are asking for some of the trailers is criminal.

Shasta currently has a limited edition vintage look trailer with all modern amenities. Very cool looking for waaaaaaay over our budget of bubble gum and pop rocks.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Sess I'm happy for you both, any trailer will get you out there camping,
have fun with it man, I agree with what Sap said
good to see another Ont guy

Old 06-05-2015, 08:36 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
That's a great Canned Ham Trailer!

Before you hit the highway definitely pull the hubs and repack / check the bearings & brakes if equipped with them.

Those go for a lot of money here, the smaller the more expensive on those.

Joe

Old 06-05-2015, 10:10 AM
FLO98
Senior User
Originally Posted by sessland
Hands down I have the ugliest/crappiest EX on this forum so the same protocols are in order as looking at an Eclipse.
Are we talking solar/lunar eclipses or the Japanese car company model with the same name (depending upon styling of the car protocols may be the same). Also your Ex isn't all that bad, just a couple of bruises and Mother Natures modifications. I'm in the salt belt and have seen MUCH worse on much newer vehicles. Great score on that trailer by the way, with a little work and a functioning refrigerator you will soon be doing this . Enjoy

Old 06-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Drunken_Unicorn
Posting Guru
Took a little trip to get a trailer sand blasted. ~6,500 lbs or so. Probably more because that bottom trailer was built extra extra beefy by Grandpa back in the day, :-P.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:01 AM
bigzirb
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is from our last camping trip when we stopped to grab McD's on the way home.

Camper needed a wash that it got once we got home.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:07 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Sess I'm happy for you both, any trailer will get you out there camping,
have fun with it man, I agree with what Sap said
good to see another Ont guy
We have some minor issues to deal with since it had water leaking but I think it should be relatively quick fixing

Originally Posted by A Rodder
That's a great Canned Ham Trailer!

Before you hit the highway definitely pull the hubs and repack / check the bearings & brakes if equipped with them.

Those go for a lot of money here, the smaller the more expensive on those.

Joe
I took a good look at the bearings while it was sitting in the yard and they seemed fine. I will give them a once over before we head out on our first trip though.

Also, I bought new tires before I towed it back home (40 miles) and I'm sure the guys at the shop would have said something if there was an issue due to the liability.

Originally Posted by FLO98
Are we talking solar/lunar eclipses or the Japanese car company model with the same name (depending upon styling of the car protocols may be the same). Also your Ex isn't all that bad, just a couple of bruises and Mother Natures modifications. I'm in the salt belt and have seen MUCH worse on much newer vehicles. Great score on that trailer by the way, with a little work and a functioning refrigerator you will soon be doing this . Enjoy
My ex might not "be all that bad" but she definitely has the most character on here from what I've seen.

I was going to fix her up and make her pretty but I found some rust that isn't worth the $$$ to fix properly and won't affect safety.

I'm on the hunt for a DECENT priced used 3 way fridge and a small stove.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:52 PM
59CRL
Senior User

Going to a big car show tomorrow. All loaded up. 2004 Excursion V-10 with 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7

Old 06-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
59- very nice.

Quick Reply: Show your pics of EX and Trailer!!!!!!