Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

March All Topic, All Welcome Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Actually this is a very good time to buy! IF you have the cash, and don't borrow the money. There are a lot of good deals out there. I just made a deal today on a $5,000 ultralite airplane for $1,500. The guy lost his job a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't find anybody to buy it............Three months ago I bought a foreclosed home for my daughter and son-in-law that was listed for $189,000. I paid $82,000 cash for it.
Hey, Don!.......I could use a loan!!......Possibly adopt my family?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Hey, Don!.......I could use a loan!!......Possibly adopt my family?
Sorry Dave....... Son-in-law lost his job at Fleetwood in Pendleton last week, looks like I'll be helping the daughters family for awhile.

Fleetwood closed 15 of it's 17 plants. Nobodys buying new RVs now.

Hope he can find another job soon, 3 kids and another on the way..........

Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave,
your adopted here wheather you like it or not !!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Well, Jack thats great!.......I appreciate it!........But I was looking for someone with a portfolio like Dons!.....Maybe if Dons SIL gets gainfully employed again, he could adopt both of us!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 AM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning all, now I really know what it's like on the wet side, I'm over at my sons home in Portland. I have classes all week end over here. Stoped by and meet Jack, aka Ford Ranger, in Sandy on my way down from the moutian. We had a good vist.
If you have the money, now is a good time to buy, I see houses listing in Prineville for under 100k for the first time in years.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
A little wet is it Allen? Looks like another sunny day here today!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:30 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
thanx allen,
that was a suprise and it was a good visit. it was a pleasure. just wished my house was in better shape. sorry....
my wife and i are going thru a bunch of stuff to get rid of and she was going thru a bunch of papers and the cats just had it scattered as usual.
and that pile of fir branches in my front yard was bigger than that. you should of seen it last december. i hauled 5 loads of tree branches out of here so far and i think i have a few more loads before its over.
don, yes it is wet out here. matter of fact its pouring now..
thanx dave, i try..

Old 03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Gold Mine, does he have a claim on the National Forest or on private land?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 AM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok. I'm done being ticked off. Don was right, I snapped a bit after getting hit continually for the past month or so. I couldn't seem to post any info, or opinion, or anything without getting stomped on, because it was more pertinent to original trucks than the custom rigs. Anyhow, I'm ready to come back, and as soon as this danged bad weather clears up, I'll have new pictures of the semi. Hey kj, I wasn't cracking. I guess as a former military man, I still have a tendancy to use abbreviations. ACL was short for assistant chapter leader. Other than that, it's all good. No hurt feelers here, actually, you guys/gals, and a couple others, are the reasons I keep coming back. Hey, Don, and few others that are aware, after almost three years, we are approaching the end of the BS from when my mom got killed. Looks like October is going to be when we go to court, and it's gonna take about 4-5 days, in front of a jury and everything, unless insurance settles before then. Anyhow, talk at you all later.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Glad to have you back!,.......Hope you're troubles will be behind you this fall! Always remember, you have neighbors here who will never give you a hard time, and your knowledge is always appreciated!.......ACL signing off from the CP, because the XO needs the computer!.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Originally Posted by wmjoe1953
Ok. I'm done being ticked off. Don was right, I snapped a bit after getting hit continually for the past month or so. I couldn't seem to post any info, or opinion, or anything without getting stomped on, because it was more pertinent to original trucks than the custom rigs. Anyhow, I'm ready to come back, and as soon as this danged bad weather clears up, I'll have new pictures of the semi. Hey kj, I wasn't cracking. I guess as a former military man, I still have a tendancy to use abbreviations. ACL was short for assistant chapter leader. Other than that, it's all good. No hurt feelers here, actually, you guys/gals, and a couple others, are the reasons I keep coming back. Hey, Don, and few others that are aware, after almost three years, we are approaching the end of the BS from when my mom got killed. Looks like October is going to be when we go to court, and it's gonna take about 4-5 days, in front of a jury and everything, unless insurance settles before then. Anyhow, talk at you all later.
Fair enough, hey no big, carrying a blue miltary ID card myself. Good to see your back and will enjoy typing at you.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by wmjoe1953
Of course I'm right.........I'm always right! Unless you ask the wife........

Glad to have ya back Joe! Three years already, I remember when the whole mess started. I hope you get some Justus. Damn insurance companies...........Can't wait to see new pics of your semi. I hope to start on my 56 F-750 Big Job this year. Lots of projects, not enough time.........

Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kjvforme
Gold Mine, does he have a claim on the National Forest or on private land?
Huh?

This was meant for who?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 AM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, that always right thing don't fly all that well here either. I'll agree, it' hard to believe it's been three years, seems like it just happened. Are there more big trucks in your area? After I get this big ole big thing going, and get her finished, I think I am going to entertain offers after a few months of showing it off. I want to build another one. I already have the next one planned out, and the first one isn't even finished.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Soory Done the Gold Mine thing was for you, just curious about the mine. There are several in Grant County.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: March All Topic, All Welcome Thread