Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Senior User

thinksnow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finally bought one

Well I took the plung and bought my wife a Exp EL. I had been shopping for an '08 in an effort to avoid the sparkplug issue. However I came accross I really nice 07 Limited with 24k miles for $26000 so I took it. My wife really likes it, it's a sweet truck. I think it might have an after market exhaust, something like a Borla cat back single. It has a really nice deep rumble at idle yet no highway drone. I love the sound, my wife hates it of course. Now if I can just find a way to get the gas mileage up. Superchip, Diablo, etc. all claim to increase fuel mileage, does anyone have first hand experience with one of these?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Senior User

Freak4Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Superchip programmers tend to give more power increases than MPG increases. The Mpg increase is usually minimal. Of course how your wife drives, condition of the truck, etc. plays a major part in mpg's.
MagnaFlow S/S Resonator
22" wheels
305/40 tires

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Senior User

carbonmetallic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinksnow View Post
Well I took the plung and bought my wife a Exp EL. I had been shopping for an '08 in an effort to avoid the sparkplug issue. However I came accross I really nice 07 Limited with 24k miles for $26000 so I took it. My wife really likes it, it's a sweet truck. I think it might have an after market exhaust, something like a Borla cat back single. It has a really nice deep rumble at idle yet no highway drone. I love the sound, my wife hates it of course. Now if I can just find a way to get the gas mileage up. Superchip, Diablo, etc. all claim to increase fuel mileage, does anyone have first hand experience with one of these?
talk to Mike at 5 Star Tuning. I have an excal 3 programmer and he did the custom tunes for my 07 Ford Expedition. Drives much better than before, plus I am getting 3-4 mpg better than I was stock. Recently i had to get my truck inspected and switched back to the stock programming and my mpg went from aroun 13-14 in the city, to 8.5-9 with the same driving style. I seem to have a heavy foot. On the highway with the 87 performance tune I can get over 20-22 mpg if I stay at 70 or below.
285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10
SCT X3 Custom Tuned by Mike at 5 Star Tuning
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator