Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

March MA BS Thread - Let's start the Madness

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
I know what you mean... I can't figure it out either, but I am sure they had some reason.. No matter how stupid..
prolly to end people from jumpstarting their cars freely... and call tow trucks... to get themselfs their money...

thing i hated about that day.. id asked 3 other people for a jump and couldnt get one... i had to ask the 2 ladys loading up that 08 F250 SD with grocerys... was brand new too.. still had its 30 day tags on it.... course we had to call her hubby to figure out how to get the hood open... didnt know they put the release latch under the passenger side headlight... i was use to them being in the center of the hood... sounded like a diesel too.. but not sure... ive heard a couple gassers that sound like diesels.. ntm i didnt hear a turbo.. less not all f250s are turbo diesels?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
btw the battery dieing that day was my fault too... had heavy cloud cover so it was dark out and i had the headlights on... and since the buzzer doesnt go off for the headlights less the keys in the ignition i forgot to turn them off...

Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
prolly to end people from jumpstarting their cars freely... and call tow trucks... to get themselfs their money...

thing i hated about that day.. id asked 3 other people for a jump and couldnt get one... i had to ask the 2 ladys loading up that 08 F250 SD with grocerys... was brand new too.. still had its 30 day tags on it.... course we had to call her hubby to figure out how to get the hood open... didnt know they put the release latch under the passenger side headlight... i was use to them being in the center of the hood... sounded like a diesel too.. but not sure... ive heard a couple gassers that sound like diesels.. ntm i didnt hear a turbo.. less not all f250s are turbo diesels?

That is good to know... All diesels now are turbo diesels... At least the Fords..

There are many people now a days that are afraid your an axe murder so they don't want to help.. That is the world we live in now...

I remember when you could get a ride from a stranger.. I wouldn't even attempt that today..

Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
That is good to know... All diesels now are turbo diesels... At least the Fords..

There are many people now a days that are afraid your an axe murder so they don't want to help.. That is the world we live in now...

I remember when you could get a ride from a stranger.. I wouldn't even attempt that today..

well thats just the dumb thing really... one of them i asked was a CITY WORK TRUCK!!!... guy gave me a bs reason (to me anyways)... i find its rare people are really nice anymore... itd be nice if i could just pop the clutch and get it to start but my trucks a lil too stubborn when it comes to starting i think to do that... maybe if i was going down the road at speed or a steep hill...

before i had to rebuilt the engine i had problems with it stalling when the clutch was pushing in so would just pop the clutch to restart it at speed... was fun on the highway hearing those tires squeel out back lol...

Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 AM
donjamer
well thats just the dumb thing really... one of them i asked was a CITY WORK TRUCK!!!... guy gave me a bs reason (to me anyways)... i find its rare people are really nice anymore... itd be nice if i could just pop the clutch and get it to start but my trucks a lil too stubborn when it comes to starting i think to do that... maybe if i was going down the road at speed or a steep hill...

before i had to rebuilt the engine i had problems with it stalling when the clutch was pushing in so would just pop the clutch to restart it at speed... was fun on the highway hearing those tires squeel out back lol...
What year is the truck.. Many of the new ones have a stupid saftey switch that doesn't allow the ignition to start unless the clutch is pressed..

Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
What year is the truck.. Many of the new ones have a stupid saftey switch that doesn't allow the ignition to start unless the clutch is pressed..

you can still do it on the newer ones... ones of the upsides to having a manual...

mines an 87... with an Isuzu Muncie 4 spd tranny in it...

Old 03-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
even with the older ones.. if your starting it via the key the clutch needed to be depressed... it tripped the clutch safety switch... but when you pop the clutch, you either have people push the vehicle with someone inside to press the clutch... then when you have a nice head of steam going and the trannys in first and your foot on the gas a bit you let up on the clutch quickly which causes the drivetrain to turn over the engine.. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt... or if your parked on a steep enough hill you could let it coast down the hill and do the same thing without the need for people to push ya...

Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 AM
donjamer
you can still do it on the newer ones... ones of the upsides to having a manual...

mines an 87... with an Isuzu Muncie 4 spd tranny in it...
how can you do it with the new safety switch??

Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
how can you do it with the new safety switch??
they all have the safety switch in them.... its mainly there to keep ya from turning the key and having the starter turning while the clutch is engaged.. cuz itd be turning the entire drivetrain and causing the vehicle to move when left in gear... with the clutch disengaged it takes the drivetrain outta the equation and has the starter just turning over the engine...

Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
donjamer
Well Shawn I need to get to bed.. I have an early day tomorrow..

I will talk to ya tomorrow..

Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
night don...

Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 AM
joe chevy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wake up everyone

Old 03-18-2009, 05:34 AM
joe chevy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just throw up youll feel better after

Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,085 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Good morning Massachusetts and distinguished visitors!!! I hope everyone has a great day...enjoy the weather!!!

Joe...thanks for the advice!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning Massachusetts! So, how many of us are nursing hangovers this morning??LOL!

Quick Reply: March MA BS Thread - Let's start the Madness