Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a job interview tomorrow so I dont know how much Ill be on tomorrow

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by hapkidoman
Hello all. Hey Rob how is that so far ive been here every day this week
I'll make a note in the attendance roster, Gary... Once the chapter gets it's share of the federal stimulus money, you might be in line for a bonus...

Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Ford turned down govt money.lol . Thank God. I can only imagine how bad the govt would screw up Ford

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Check this out....

SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. - Two Scottsbluff auto dealership executives were in jail Thursday morning and a third was expected to surrender, three days after they packed up their belongings, loaded dozens of new vehicles onto trucks and left town.

Toyota automobiles from Legacy Ford Lincoln Mercury Toyota in Scottsbluff were loaded onto trucks Monday night.Allen Patch, 52, was arrested Wednesday night outside his attorney’s office in Tooele County, Utah, Scotts Bluff County Chief Deputy Attorney John Childress said. Rachel Fait, 37, had been arrested at her Utah home earlier in the evening.

Rick Covello, 53, is expected to surrender later this morning. At 10:30 a.m. CDT, Covello was meeting with his attorney and was expected to surrender soon after, Childress said.

Rachel FaitScottsbluff police, with help from federal authorities, tracked the trio across the southwestern United States on Wednesday as many of the vehicles were sold at auctions.

Felony theft charges were filed in Scotts Bluff County Court against Patch, owner of Scottsbluff Legacy Auto Sales and two of his senior managers, Fait, the comptroller and Covello, the general manager.

According to police, 81 new Ford and Toyota vehicles were loaded onto auto transport trailers from the dealership over the weekend and Monday evening. Childress said the vehicles, among them sedans to pickups, are valued at more than $2.5¤million.

According to court documents, plans to title and sell the vehicles at auto auctions were in the works for weeks.

A Utah company, Rausch Transports, told police that Fait contacted them last week, saying she needed cars taken to auctions in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City.

According to police, dealership employees converted manufacturer documents to ownership titles at the Scotts Bluff County Clerk’s Office on Feb. 26 and 27 and then Thursday, Friday and Monday.

Allen PatchIt is not unusual for a car dealership to obtain vehicle titles, Scottsbluff Police Capt. Kevin Spencer said, but in this case, "The cars weren’t theirs to sell because they were owned by a Toyota financing company.“

A dealership sales manager not involved in the case said that with the titles, a dealer can sell vehicles for cash at an auto auction.

The thefts appear to have been motivated by Patch’s financial difficulties, according to Spencer. Platte Valley Bank had been overseeing the dealership’s daily operations for about three months.

According to an arrest affidavit, two employees told police that Fait was suspected of embezzling money from the company. One said Fait had taken more than $46,000 from the business and kept a large backpack filled with cash.

Authorities had tracked down at least 36 vehicles, including 16 sold at a Salt Lake City auction and seven recovered from a Salt Lake City dealership. Vehicles were also found in Las Vegas, but that number was not available. Police found seven vehicles parked at the Western Nebraska Regional Airport in Scottsbluff.

Rob Brasher, owner of Brashers Salt Lake Auto Auction in Utah, confirmed that some of the stolen vehicles had been sold at his business. He declined to comment further, saying he needed to talk to a lawyer because he was trying to work out issues with Toyota.

Doug Bergener, a manager at Bargain Buggys in Tooele, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City, said he and his partner have known Patch and Fait for years.

Bergener said he heard recently that Patch and Fait were shutting down the Scottsbluff dealership, and he offered to buy 10 used vehicles.

The vehicles arrived at the Manheim Utah Auto Auction in Woods Cross, Utah, aboard an auto transport truck Monday morning.

But they weren’t used cars. They were 2009 Toyotas. Corollas. Matrixes. Yarises. Tacomas.

“All new - brand new,’’ Bergener said.

Following standard procedure, Bergener financed the vehicles through the auto auction and had 90 days to sell them on his lot before they went back to the auction.

By Tuesday, Bergener had sales pending on four of the vehicles. Then he got a call telling him not to sell them because the vehicles were stolen.

Bergener said Patch told him that he paid for the vehicles and had titles for them.

“I don’t think anyone can prove anything’s illegal at this point,’’ Bergener said. “We’ve known Allen for 15 years and never knew him to do anything underhanded. There’s been no reason not to trust him. He’s always been honest. It’ll all come out in the wash.’’

Police said they were confident they would be able to track down most of the vehicles. Spencer said transport companies must register with officials when entering states and are required to carry a bill of lading, a document issued by the carrier acknowledging that the goods have been received.

According to the arrest affidavit, Joseph Carlson, a representative of Toyota Financial Services based in Overland Park, Kan., told police that Toyota owned all the cars, having lent the dealership “millions of dollars in operating expenses.“ Carlson told police there was no reason to convert car documents to ownership titles except to “convert them (the vehicles) to cash.“

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Wow what morons. Why would you want a Toyota that badly lol

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Well, I guess that's one way to generate some cash... I guess some car dealers are getting desperate, aren't they?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
morning all,
were having a heat wave out here it 35 degrees hee haw!!
it kind of some like it don't it!! there has been a few dealerships go under out here in portland.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
fordnut forever
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Chrissy250
Good Morning everyone!!!! Hey , Randy, can you find me a 1969 Camaro in good condition, running??? Joe and I have been given a very important mission to find one and I know this is FTE (Ford Trucks) but we need to find one!!!!! If ANYONE knows or has one that wants to sell it , PLEASE let me know about it!!!
CarsOnline.com: 1968 to 1969 Cars For Sale

Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Looking at some of those old Camaros I almost forgot I was a Ford guy. THose are still some nice looking cars

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
My first car was a 1969 Camaro Z/28. What I wouldn't do to get that thing back now!!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Chrissy250
Posting Guru
Joe told me about that last nite..................so, anyone got a 69 Camaro they want to sell??????

Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Chrissy250
Posting Guru
thanks Randy!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Not me. I would keep it if I did!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
hapkidoman
Posting Guru
Yeah on Randy,s post the 5th one down is sweet the 68

Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
The orange ZL-1 is a steal.....only $125,000...Wow!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nebraska Official March BS/chat thread...Let the BS fly