1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Picture Posting Problems FYI For All Hands

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down Picture Posting Problems FYI For All Hands

Hi guys,

I've gotten quite a few PMs from folks asking for help with pictures tonight and asking why there old pictures have just vanished with the "Error No Found" in it's place. I guess that's because I post so many you guys figure I know what I'm doing - HAH!

I exchanged a couple e-mails with IB Adrian yesterday while they were "Fixing" some issue with posting pictures - I'm not sure what it was, it hadn't affected me.

Apparently they got that particular problem fixed as IB Adrian Posted at the top of our forum page, but unknown to them, those of us who either post a certain way or use a different Internet program, have now noticed that we can't access our photo's in our galleries, and that all of the photos we have attached to our previous posts are now gone - "Error not found." However I noticed that it has only affected the pictures I have posted out of my galleries, not those I have imported from other sites or people by copying the URLs. I guess you can imagine my reaction to this with the way I post pictures.

I sent a couple e-mails to IB Adrian last night trying to explain not only what has happened to our picture posting capability, but also complaining about the current status of the search function. I assume they are not there. He's very good about responding.

I am fairly certain that they secure for the weekends and are not aware there is a problem. So, if you are affected by this, it's probably best to wait until monday and let the IT gods digest the new problem. Trust me it's not you who is doing this.

My advice is to hold your thoughts and supporting pictures until a fix is implemented, and in the mean time Drink Heavily!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the update Julie. I'm a visual learner myself and those pics are extremely helpful to me especially as I search on topics of interest and look at some of the older threads/posts. I hope they are able to fix the issue looking back as well as going forward.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 AM
leonharu
Laughing Gas
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
Pictures:

Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hopefully it`ll be fixed soon........Again.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I hope so. I'd be lost without my pictures!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
bigblockfordman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Julie, I just noticed your "posting princess" in your avatar!!!.....I"m for "up-grading" that status to "Posting Queen".........LOL!!!

Later, one of your "loyal follwers".......Doug