General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I made a scene at home depot

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made a scene at home depot

Yesterday I went to HD to get a paint roller. As I walked up to the section where they were I saw it was gated off as a safety thing because on the next row a guy was stacking up high with a fork lift.There was this young hispanic woman who worked there and I told her I wanted a roller and she said "YOU can not go past the gate till the guy on the forklift says "all clear" .No problem so I walked all the way down the row and watched the guy on the fork lift who was maybe 70 feet away and then he stoped and said in a loud voice "ALL CLEAR" He was no more than 6 feet from the woman. So I walk all the way back up the paint row again and I notice that the gate is still up but since he was finished I started to just go past the gate when all of a sudden the woman jumps in front of me and in a rude voice says "I told you you cant go into this area" Thats when I snapped......and started hollering real loud "lady the guy said all clear ,Cant you understand english? I said it about 3 times and people 5 rows over could hear me. Then she said to the driver "is it all clear"? he said yes and I quickly got my roller and left. I didnt like having some alien who wasnt paying attention to her job giving me any stinkin orders..Afterall I am the customer and if I want to be an ***,thats ok too. If I heard the guy 70 feet away why didnt she hear him 6 feet away. I have 100% no patience with people that dont speak english well and I have to try to talk to them.........screw that

Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 PM
rockin300
Post Fiend
i would have told her fscrew you, ill go some place else and get a paint roller maybe for a cheaper price,i would have done the same thing though i would have chewed her a new one too,she wasnt a little hottie i take it

Old 02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
She better pay more attention, HD jobs arent that bad. I am sure others would gladly take her place......................Lowes is usually a little cheaper.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Svets96
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just shows how pathetic this crap can get. I'm sorry for your bad day. Since when do we take orders from them? You know? Have a drink on me man.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
07RANGER S.D.
New User
I have had similar problems many times and only there, never at lowes......
I always react the same way..........

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
wow. there are bad days, sucky days, and uber sucky days. we should make English the national language, and to be a resident, you have to be able to speak it fluently. there's a reason i dropped spanish for shop class...

Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
OMG I thought I was the only one who went from zero to b...itch in 20 seconds in a store.
I am going to start a business called rent a b...itch. I am so frikken tired of bullsnot out in public and I have NOOOOOO problem letting peeps know I am going to rent myself out to the weak ones. I shall handle their issues.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
But lets drink a brewski together and vent about all the ignorance in this world and next time you need a paint roller just ask me I have a case of em.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HOOS!

Where've you been? How've you been?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 AM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ship Boy
Yesterday I went to HD to get a paint roller. As I walked up to the section where they were I saw it was gated off as a safety thing because on the next row a guy was stacking up high with a fork lift.There was this young hispanic woman who worked there and I told her I wanted a roller and she said "YOU can not go past the gate till the guy on the forklift says "all clear" .No problem so I walked all the way down the row and watched the guy on the fork lift who was maybe 70 feet away and then he stoped and said in a loud voice "ALL CLEAR" He was no more than 6 feet from the woman. So I walk all the way back up the paint row again and I notice that the gate is still up but since he was finished I started to just go past the gate when all of a sudden the woman jumps in front of me and in a rude voice says "I told you you cant go into this area" Thats when I snapped......and started hollering real loud "lady the guy said all clear ,Cant you understand english? I said it about 3 times and people 5 rows over could hear me. Then she said to the driver "is it all clear"? he said yes and I quickly got my roller and left. I didnt like having some alien who wasnt paying attention to her job giving me any stinkin orders..Afterall I am the customer and if I want to be an ***,thats ok too. If I heard the guy 70 feet away why didnt she hear him 6 feet away. I have 100% no patience with people that dont speak english well and I have to try to talk to them.........screw that
You are sort of reinforcing a point ive been trying to make, i would be shocked if HD had hired an illegal,so presumably this woman who is either a citizen or a legal resident doesnt speak or comprehend english much better that an illegal,so if we cant even persuade those who are here legally to speak our language,its laughable that we are worried about language skills of illegals. Rather than waste your time dealing with the woman,id suggest that you contact Home Depots corporate offices,and tell them that you would like them to remind there employees that we do have a language here(english) and that they need to be able to speak it decently.........Nobody would deny that being Bi-lingual is a benefit,no matter what the second language is,but to live and work here,you better speak english unless your only desire for work is the lowest menial labor.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
I think everyone should work a job where they deal with the general public once in their life. It is unreal how rude the general public is.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:39 AM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
Who are you directing this at? Ive worked plenty of jobs where i dealt with the public,sometimes for over 12 hours a day,and most of the time i did my job with courtesy and respect for the customer,and i was treated the same way most of the time. I dealt with a few abrasive,arrogant customers,and a few times i was unprofessional in my behavior.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 AM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by iggybob44
Who are you directing this at? Ive worked plenty of jobs where i dealt with the public,sometimes for over 12 hours a day,and most of the time i did my job with courtesy and respect for the customer,and i was treated the same way most of the time. I dealt with a few abrasive,arrogant customers,and a few times i was unprofessional in my behavior.
To whom ever it applies to.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 AM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
Who do YOU feel that it applies to? anyone here,and if so,Why?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 AM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
I am not getting into that. I just made a statement that had relations with this thread.

Quick Reply: I made a scene at home depot