6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Sudden loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 06:40 PM
Diehardford88
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sudden loss of power

I have a 2004 F2 50 Harley Davidson and I was driving down the road and lost power almost like I was running out of gas and prior to that I replace four injectors him I was able to end up making it home and then I had someone come out and scan it and tell me the other four injectors were bad so I replaced those and it’s doing the same thing it’s like it runs Ruffin just has no power
Please I need help
Why I change the injectors that change the dummy plug to standpipes valve cover gasket and also has a new fuel pump

Old 02-15-2021, 07:50 PM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Received 502 Likes on 359 Posts
The official answer from the best techs on this forum will be that it could be many things causing the problem, and it's hard to say which without having data from the truck's computer, both fault codes and live data from the many sensors on the engine. It will cost you $30-$50 to buy the adapter to plug into your truck's OBDII port (under the dash) and download the software app to your phone to be able to provide that info. It is a very cheap investment that any owner of a diesel truck should have in the truck at all times.

On the other hand, I'm not one of the best techs here, I'm one of the worst, and I like to make wild, uneducated guesses as to what your problem is, and suggests parts you can go buy that might fix it. The only part I don't have yet is the Amazon/Ebay storefront to link folks to so I can monetize my campaigns. One day!

So, my guesses? (drum roll) 1) You didn't get one or more of the injectors properly torqued down. It is really an exact process requiring one to blow out the injector hold-down bolthole and torque to the proper spec. You had 8 chances to mess 1 up; I like my odds; 2) You damaged a nipple cup o-ring or upper injector o-ring when you replaced the oil rail. Not as precise a process, but it happens; 3) you've left one of the FICM connectors lose. They are hard to reconnect. One plug controls 4 injectors and the other plug controls 4 others - sound familiar? 4) You've left one or more of the individual injector connectors lose. Again, they can be hard to reconnect. You wouldn't be the first person.

If you notice, there's a theme to my suggestions - recent human error. When there has been recent, significant human interaction with the truck, I've found it to be the first place one should check out. Don't ask me how I know, but I suppose my avatar is a give-away.

If you can get access to a data monitor, let the forum know, and someone will tell which parameters to monitor and report. The best guys here can get you diagnosed pretty quickly, I bet.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:29 AM
Visurveyor
Fleet Mechanic
Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
Commie is Wright on what is suspect, and he is Wright on the live data. You really need a monitoring system with these motors. Forscan Lite is the best on the market right now for code reading and live monitoring. Injectors being replaced recently is suspect for sure. A chipped o-ring will do it. I would buy the app and dongle to start.
If your prepared to diagnose your self, look in the tech files above on a high pressure test through your ipr, with a fitting adapter that you can purchase online. Then it's just chase the leak. With the injectors being suspected, you should remove valve covers. A 1/4 " piece of pvc helps in listening for small leaks,like a junior stethoscope😁 good luck.