Sponsored by: DP Tuner

RHN Membership and NEW RHN Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
RHN Membership and NEW RHN Forum

Although we (the 7.3 RHN) have been pretty quiet on FTE recently, we have an announcement for members and prospective members of the 7.3 Roadside Help Network website.

First, these are the requirements for membership in the 7.3RHN:

• FTE-supporters with a post count of 200 or more are automatically eligible for RHN membership.
  • All nonsupporters must have over 400 posts. Exceptions can be made by being recommended by a supporter or asking one of the RHN Moderators.
  • You must be a part of our 99-03 Forum and own a 99-03 7.3L PSD as this Help Network was created for our fellow 7.3 Powerstrokers.
  • You hereby agree not to share the personal information contained in the database with anyone.
  • Membership requests should be sent to jdecker88 or megawatt00. Please include FTE Name, your first and last name and the e-mail address you wish to use for RHN general communications.
  • Usernames and passwords are mailed to new members as soon as nlemerise or guzzle92 are notified of a membership request.
  • If you do not receive your Username and password via e-mail within one week after joining RHN, contact guzzle92 or nlemerise.
Alright, now for the news! We now have a 7.3 RHN Forum for RHN members! The forum has areas for General Discussions, Trips & Events, Tool Loan Program, and Truck Parts. To see what is available and to join, go to the RHN Forum page on our website (remember, you must first be a member of the 7.3 RHN before you can join our forum).

So, we invite all RHN members to join the forum and all eligible FTE members to join us in providing roadside assistance to other 7.3 owners and to be a member of our community!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool addition to the RHN site! good job guys

Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Outstanding Neil! Thanks for your efforts

This "forum" isn't here to replace FTE. There was a question requarding posting a for free section in our forum here. This wasn't feasable so we took this route. I want to commend Bob (guzzle) for setting it up, and Neil who got it on the RHN quickly. I also want to that Chris (ponyboychris) for coming up with the idea.

The RHN is a good thing. Last weekend it helped out a member who is from LA and was stuck in Houston. Last night Mike, JD and myself were going through the motions to help Kenny and Kris out.

If your not a member ask yourself....WHY?

Old 02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
I have joined as well.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the disclaimer Jim. We are not trying to compete with FTE, just supplementing.

We have also tried to incorporate the idea of a "Tool Loan Program" into the RHN with this which is the big reason the forum is RHN member only.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Thanks to Neil, Jim, JD, and Bob. You guys have really made this into something great. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Automator
Elder User
So the forum is separate from the membership? I did submit my forum membership to make sure.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

I think the RHN has definitely been paying off!!!
It's nice having the database of members and locations when something goes wrong, and everyone's willingness to look up info and pass it on to those that can help or need it.
Thanks for all the work you guys do!!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Automator
So the forum is separate from the membership? I did submit my forum membership to make sure.
It is a separate registration process but you must be a member already to be allowed access to the site.

You were already a RHN member so there was no reason to re-apply.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Could one of you guys reset my password and send me an email so I can add that to my list of passwords that I actually write down this time. I kinda fell flat on my face last night since remember me does not work on a new hard drive and OS.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
Could one of you guys reset my password and send me an email so I can add that to my list of passwords that I actually write down this time. I kinda fell flat on my face last night since remember me does not work on a new hard drive and OS.

Thanks.
Bob just took care of it Mike.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Done. Thanks guys.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
CharGriller
Senior User
I've scouted the RHN site, and I understand it is a volunteer assistance network. But I still haven't grasped how it might work (exactly) or how it's really envisioned.

Would someone who is at the foundation level be willing to maybe illustrate through a post here a scenario of how a RHN member might interact both as a recipient and a provider.

Maybe a light duty example and then a heavier duty example. I believe it would be very beneficial to those that don't really understand all you envision this to be. It may help some folks understand better how they might be able to help and be helped? Thanks.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Originally Posted by CharGriller
I've scouted the RHN site, and I understand it is a volunteer assistance network. But I still haven't grasped how it might work (exactly) or how it's really envisioned.

Would someone who is at the foundation level be willing to maybe illustrate through a post here a scenario of how a RHN member might interact both as a recipient and a provider.

Maybe a light duty example and then a heavier duty example. I believe it would be very beneficial to those that don't really understand all you envision this to be. It may help some folks understand better how they might be able to help and be helped? Thanks.
This is jind of like a free AAA, sort of. The RHN was created to help out in the time of need. If you are traveling you have access to members who are willing to help out in the event of a break down. Maybe your travelling through a town and would like to meet a fellow FTE member.

Two prime examples of how the RHN can help out. Last weekend somone from LA was in TX and having problems with his truck. He phoned his wife
and she posted a thread here. I saw the thread and called him, I found RHN member that was closeby and long story short he was back up and running in no time.

Last night 2 of our brothers from MD were in TN and the truck went down, engine blown. The members from the RHN were willing to go help them, some from as far as an hour away. One member who is almost 2 hours away offered to get his gooseneck flatbed trailer to go get them.

We have recently created a forum there not mainly for tech advice, that is what FTE is for. We have a section where you, can post stuff for sale, stuff that you are willing to give to other members for free, a tool loan program, and a general shoot the bull area.

If you have any questions just feel free to ask.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:06 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
bump...If you would be so kind as to bump this thread so everyone gets a chance to see it, I'd be most appreciative.

Quick Reply: RHN Membership and NEW RHN Forum