General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ammunition Accountability Act

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
48fordcoe
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Let your state Legislatures know that we do not want this bill passed, and petition them to vote no on this bill. We should keep after them until the bill is closed by bombarding them with e-mails, phone calls, and letters.

Get to all your politicians to get to work and NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

The 2009 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo, they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribution possible and contact your Reps!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a shocker. . . .
This bill DIED in Maryland's legislature last year.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM
cpdorroh
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's just hope it dies agian.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
They are just begging with a bill like this,for some to choose to destroy said uncoded ammo by discharging it in the direction of legislators......I do not endorse shooting people,but i could see this ever-increasing assault on gun owners causing a potentially violent backlash against the perpetrators.......

Old 02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
iggybob44
Post Fiend
I read Ca's version and i didnt see anything regarding this ammo fiasco,lots of other long winded and restrictive garbage that wont make one person safer,but nothing about coding ammo?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:39 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wonder what slice of the constitution they can use to force me to report what ammo I happen to have in stock.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Chaosracing
Posting Guru
https://members.premiereinteractive....410_32570a.htm

I just saw this shirt on Glenn Beck's web site and thought I would pass it along. He has some pretty good stuff to say about the current administration and what they are trying to ram down our throats already.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
rmiller01
Junior User
This is what I get for serving my country since 1991? Just think while in Iraq I had access to a couple thousand rounds from 5.56 to 40mm

Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is bad news. Time to join the NRA...

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
All the more reason to stock up now!, create a stimulus package for the ammunition mfgs., reloading equipment mfgs...........Hey, they employ quite a few people right here in America......I knew when the change of management happened, that this kind of BS would start with a vengeance, Fear the government that fears your guns.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I'll write my Tn reps & ask them to kill this bill. They know their jobs depend on their vote on a BS bill like this one

Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
MEhokie
Senior User
General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please

Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 19fifty4
This is bad news. Time to join the NRA...
Little late to the party, aren't you?

Me, I like to "a count" my ammo as it fills the bin on my RL-550B.
Time to start sealing the primers with lacquer.....

To MEhokie,
I don't really see this thread as political, religious or sexual in any way.
We're discussing legislation that would affect us all.
Could you elaborate on your objection?

NRA Life Member,

Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by quaddriver
i wonder what slice of the constitution they can use to force me to report what ammo I happen to have in stock.

Good point.
I wonder if 'registration' of melting pots, stoves, ladles, etc., are in that 'package'?
Then propane torches, gas grills would be under suspicion, too.

It seems to me that the 4th Amendment would come into play, here, plus the 5th.

And MEhokie -
General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please
It seems to me that the discussion is NEWS and news related conversation.
If the word 'political' or anything to do with it were in-depth, I do believe that the Mods would either let us know that we are walking on thin ice, or, they would close and lock the thread, or kick it to 'the club'.
Thank you very much.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
jim henderson
Postmaster
Originally Posted by iggybob44
I read Ca's version and i didnt see anything regarding this ammo fiasco,lots of other long winded and restrictive garbage that wont make one person safer,but nothing about coding ammo?
Join California Rifle and Pistol Association(CRPA). You will get monthly newsletters and this topic has been in the more recent ones. They have a monthly "New Laws" watch column and other interesting articles. Some of the new laws under legislative discussion are quite draconnian and will have the long term effect of disarming Calif sports shooters.

Membership isn't too costly. Don't know now, but my lifetime membership costs $150 back in the 80s.

I don't recall a "destroy by" date, but they do want ammo to be encoded and even new guns to make a mark on the casings to identify the gun/user.

If these laws go into effect for Calif, gun owners are going to pay a lot more for ammo(like we don't already) and old guns may become wall hangers in the long run. I even think the law will prevent passing on guns to your kids.

Just foggy recollection from recent reading in CRPA newsletter.

Jim Henderson