6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Dealer couldn't reflash

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
krlajwvater
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer couldn't reflash

I took truck into dealer for recall for Program Number 08B07. The dealer was unable to update, they said 1 out of 10 truck there is a problem, I was informed to bring the truck back at a later date. Has anyone else had this problem?
I also do not have daytime running light and would like to have them. Has anyone had their daytime running lights programmed to come on? I understand when they do the download this can be done.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 AM
begger
Junior User
Yes, when the tech hooks up the computer, he can go into the "j-box" and toggle on your daytime running lights. Be aware though, they won't come on until you take the transmission out of "P" (assuming an auto tranny.) Some folks have done this and thought it didn't work, until they drove off the lot.

Good luck with your update. I had it done, and other than the message about going into regen, not much difference. Certainly no better mileage.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
if the dealer can't reflash...i would be looking at the pcm/tcm making sure they are correct for the truck.

with that latest reflash I could not get mine because of a wrong tcm. Once replaced they reflashed with no problem.

background info on the tcm: at 600 miles it went bad and the dealer put one on that he had in stock...from a older model.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
krlajwvater
New User
Went to the dealer today and got the truck reflash. has anyone had this problem or heard of this?

all so got daytime running lights now.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe your dealer just hadnt downloaded the software yet and wasnt sure how to handle you the first time you went there.