Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
New User

Brett in KS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Found the Delayed Acc. wire

I finally got tired of listening to static after I shut my truck (and my Sirius radio) off. I had mounted a power point jack under the big panel under my steering wheel and powered it up with the blue w/ white wire ford supplied for accessories. It worked good except it was only hot when the key was on. So when I would shut my truck off, the radio stayed on, and the Sirius shut down.

Static.

I finally got tired of that and went hunting for the delayed acc. wire so my Sirius would stay on until I opened the door. I unbolted the fuse panel and pulled it out far enough I could use my test light on the back of the connectors on the back side where the wires come in. After about 20 min. of playing with it, I finally found it. the delayed acc. wire is Blue with a black stripe. It is one of only 2 wires on the harness. the other wire is green. They are on the left side of the fuse box in the middle and they are bigger wire (maybe #14 or 12 gauge). I just used a suitcase connector to connect my power wire that goes to my underdash power point.

I did a search looking for the above info and couldn't really find anything definte before I started messing around, so I thought I'd post my results so that it might help someone else also.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
New User

I forgot to say that my truck is a 2004 F-250 Reg cab.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Great info and thanks for posting. My Sirius is set up the same way yours was and I'm getting ready to change it over like you did. This will make it easier now!
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Senior User

alamojimmy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Excellent work Brett. I am normally not a fan of people from Kansas but you have impressed me. (Kidding about the Kansas thing) Seriously, it is people like you on this site that have made it what it is. Very helpful. I know I will use the info you provided when I install my Sirius. Thanks Brother.

The Kansas thing is due to my being a Texas fan. The whole Big 12 rivalry thing.

Jimmy
"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?"
Ronald Reagan
Proud Member of SOCAL FTE
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Posting Guru

Downriver Thunder is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I had my XM installed I don't know where he powered it from but it stays on until I open the door. Maybe he powered it from the radio power lead.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Junior User

tawilson1152 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downriver Thunder View Post
When I had my XM installed I don't know where he powered it from but it stays on until I open the door. Maybe he powered it from the radio power lead.
I used the radio power to run a relay which controls the accessory power outlet. My Sirius tuner gets pretty warm so it may draw enough juice to blow the radio fuse if it was tied in direct. Maybe not.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
A little additional information since the subject was brought up:

The light blue/black wire is the main power lead for the power windows, moonroof, and rear slider. It is fed by fuse 601 in the central junction box and is fused with a 30 amp fuse.

There are also two pink wires coming off of the central junction box that are both fed by fuse 42, which is rated at 15 amps. One of these wires is the power circuit for the power door lock switch, and the other runs to the radio and serves as the "turn on" signal. The radio uses very little current on this circuit as it is mainly powered by fuse 11. The pink circuit can be used for light-load accessories and as an amp turn-on lead.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
When I hooked up my XM receiver, I took out the radio and found the delayed power wire feeding it. I took one of those cigaretter lighter splitters, cut one of the sockets off and tapped it into that power wire and a ground. Then I could just plug my XM lighter power cord into it. It's all stuffed up behind the radio out of the way, just the power wire and antenna wire coming out of the access panel under the steering wheel.

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Postmaster

Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.Beerstalker has a very good reputation on FTE.
Anybody know what wire to use in a 2007 with the 6.0L?

I need a wire to hook up power for my two headrest monitors. I tried hooking them up to the amp turn on wire from my head unit but eveidently running them and the amp pulls too much current and the head unit shuts off power to that circuit. So now I'd like to find this wire so they will stay on until I open the door.
Recon Smoked Cab, Mirror, and Brake Lights
MSD Dashhawk w/A Pillar Mount
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Lund Eclipse Window Vents
Weatherguard Toolbox
Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
The wire colors are the same and the circuits are laid out similarly on the 2007. You could use the LB/BK for the power windows, it uses a 30 amp circuit breaker that year. If you trip that, the breaker resets after it cools.

Or, you could just wire in a relay of course, and use the pink audio wire as the control.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
New User

Quote:
A little additional information since the subject was brought up:

The light blue/black wire is the main power lead for the power windows, moonroof, and rear slider. It is fed by fuse 601 in the central junction box and is fused with a 30 amp fuse.

There are also two pink wires coming off of the central junction box that are both fed by fuse 42, which is rated at 15 amps. One of these wires is the power circuit for the power door lock switch, and the other runs to the radio and serves as the "turn on" signal. The radio uses very little current on this circuit as it is mainly powered by fuse 11. The pink circuit can be used for light-load accessories and as an amp turn-on lead.
FireMe,

My truck doesn't have all that fancy stuff like a moon roof or power sliding rear window. It does however have power windows and locks. is the end of the wire that goes to the fancy stuff taped off somewhere, or does it just end in a harness plug somewhere. Just kinda curious.

Beerstalker,
Are you able to unbolt your fuse panel? I'm not sure about the 07's but If it was like mine all it takes is a 10mm (I think) socket and 4 bolts and you can pull that sucker down and see the back of all the harnesses coming into it. Then use a test light and play around and maybe you can find something. First I'd look for the blue w/ black wire over on the left side of the back of the panel. Its on a 30 amp fuse - surely thats big enough for your monitors?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
06, 2008, 2009, 2010, acc, accessory, delayed, duty, f150, f250, ford, fuse, radio, super, wire