Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wrench party

Well guys as some of you probably read already, my parts will be here in a few days. I am gonna play on wrenching on Mater on Sat the 21st. Lookin for anyone that wants to come on over. I will have burgers, brats, beer n soda. My number one thing to get done is rebuild the tranny, it is a NP 245. I am also getting in new steering system, floor pans, body bushings and a few other things. I know we won't be able to get everything done and I am not expecting to either. Whatever gets done does and I will work on it as I go. I am going to be starting working nights on the 2nd so I don't know how my weekends will be after this.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
Andy I will have to wait till Friday to see what my Sat . will be like, if I can I will be there.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 02-15-2009, 01:34 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
I'm still planning on being there.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 02-15-2009, 01:35 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Any tools I need to bring? Or anything else for that matter?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Posting Guru

I don't know what extra tools we will need. I have quite a few but you know how it goes, always need that one tool you don't have. Whatever tools you think we might need, bring it. When everything gets here tomorrow I will look to see if there will be anything requiring something special.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM

f250juggernaut
Do you have a parts breakdown for the tranny, or are we learning it as we go? How about a tranny jack?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Posting Guru

I have a pdf file one how to rebuild the tranny. It doesn't show that it needs any special tools. I am waiting for the UPS man to deliver my stuff. I will see if the rebuild kit has anything with it. I do not have a tranny jack, just my floor jack. Pretty much we will be learning as we go with it. Unless Jeff decides to make it up this way, then we will be safe! lol
Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Posting Guru

Well everything has been delivered. There are no instructions or anything with the rebuild kit. Sure doesn't look like much for the money spent! LOL I did take Mater for a drive around the block. The steering doesn't feel right, it seems too stiff. Might have to take a second look at that, hopefully I didn't mess up the steering box or anything when I was beating the rivets out of the rag joint. I am ready for next weekend to get here!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Sorry Andy, but there's no way that I'll be able to make it up this weekend. We were just in LR last Tuesday, so that was a day off and there are more tests scheduled for next week. If you run into any problems with the tranny, Dave has my number. Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Elder User

drof46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is Mater?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm not sure if I'll be free or not.

I'll try to make it.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by drof46 View Post
What is Mater?
Mater is my 77 F150!

Thats alright Jeff, I understand. I hope all goes well with the tests.

Alright joe, just let me know.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Elder User

drof46 is starting off with a positive reputation.
LOL, based on my question I guess my IQ is not high enough to be of any help. This is a heck of an idea. I'll donate a saturday for a good cause. I need to get out of town for something other than shopping with the wife. I will only have enough parts this next weekend to stay busy for 1 day anyway. Look at your diagram and make sure you don't need snap ring pliers or any other specialty tools. Send me some directions/address. I have a atv jack, but we would have to put a bunch of 2X4s or something on top of it to get it high enough for the trans. Could work though.

later
Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Posting Guru

Sounds great drof, would love to have you help. I don't know if we have a tranny jack so that atv jack might come in handy. I will send out directions wed to everyone that will need them.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:15 AM
New User

kcsboys is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder460 View Post
Well guys as some of you probably read already, my parts will be here in a few days. I am gonna play on wrenching on Mater on Sat the 21st. Lookin for anyone that wants to come on over. I will have burgers, brats, beer n soda. My number one thing to get done is rebuild the tranny, it is a NP 245. I am also getting in new steering system, floor pans, body bushings and a few other things. I know we won't be able to get everything done and I am not expecting to either. Whatever gets done does and I will work on it as I go. I am going to be starting working nights on the 2nd so I don't know how my weekends will be after this.

I'm new to this site.....just saw this thread, and said to my self.." Damn! I wish I wasn't moving that weekend, I could help"...We are moving to Virginia Beach...Sorry man, would have loved to meet ya'll and help out.
Maybe you've seen my ride around town:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:15 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter

Tags
np245, vehicle