Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Welcome Chase Truck 754...

... to the SoCal chapter. Steve's been around FTE for a while - some of you may have seen his 74 crew cab build thread - awesome looking project.

Welcome aboard, Steve. Glad to have you!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Post Fiend

75F350 is a name known to all75F350 is a name known to all75F350 is a name known to all75F350 is a name known to all75F350 is a name known to all75F350 is a name known to all
Just got off of the phone with you, and here you are again.

Now, get busy and finish that Mutt!!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey guys - yeah I got off the phone w/ Ed to check my PM from Steve wich ended up being the link for this.

So yeah, I've been on FTE for a while and in So. Cal for longer (all 29 years of my life). I live in Costa mesa currently.

I was meaning to join this group when Steve 1st invited me a while back, but I just saved the PM and forgot to do it. Coming down to this forum this morning reminded me.

Anyways - I've seen many of you in the 73-79 forum or in the motor swap forum where I am currenty (ok - not so currently) building my 74 F-250 crew cab 4wd.

My trucks (mostly 1/2 a trucks) are in my signature below.

I am an all around car/truck guy with a soft spot for the old Fords. In fact I am looking at another truck (67 2wd) tomorrow that might be the newest addition to the "herd"

All of my builds are on hold right now due to having to move. The weather (darn rain) has delayed that a bit too... It's hard to move machinery and car projects when it's pouring outside!

I guess that's it for my looooong entry speach. Thanks for having me!
long bed & 1974 Ford F100 Supercab - 2wds
1974 Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab
thread in "motor swap" forum
1989 Ford Ranger= Never gonna be done...
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV & 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4wd = DD
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
yeah no kidding he has been working on that thing for a good while now...but i will give him a break because of having to get the shop ready...

so Steve (CT) or 75F350 (i forgot your name) are you guys going to head out to see the King of The Hammers?

wheres the 67 at steve?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Brady.

I think I've been "on hold" on my stuff for longer than people take to "finish" a project - haha.

It really makes moving hard when 90% of your vehicles are in half and when you have more tools/machinery than most fabrication shops around...

I am getting closer though and the crew will get a big breath of life again within a month.

As for the 67 - it's in Lakeside which is down by Santee.

It's one of those too good to pass up deals (at least it looks that way from the pics). I really don't "need" another truck, but it's already built (suspension, roll cage, figerglass, 351w, c6 tranny, seats, etc.) so I could just get in and enjoy it until the ranger is done.

Oh - speaking of the ranger. For those of you that don't know me - here are some pics of my "half - a - trucks". All fords - all projects...

74 crew cab - prior to cummins swap
Click the image to open in full size.

the 1/2 way done ranger

38 ford pickup = the "hot rod" - still gathering parts on this one. I've PROMISED myself that I won't start this until I finish one of the other projects.

I also told myself I won't buy any more projects until at least the crew and alf are done.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
did you buy the 38 with the doors painted like that? I want to get my doors painted in that way, but i do not have the skill and am looking for someone to do it...
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Post Fiend

Yes they came that way because they are original
It is a retired fire truck!

I also need to find someone who can paint like that so I can make the bed I bought match - haha

I forgot to answer about the "King of the Hammers" thing. I don't plan on going - don't even know when or where it is. I can't speak for Ed (75F350) though.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Post Fiend

it is on Febuary the 27th in Johnson Vally...
Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman View Post
it is on Febuary the 27th in Johnson Vally...
That is MAJOR moving weekend - so definitely a "no go" for me.

I need to be out by about the 1st week of March and I was out of town last weekend and will be this weekend. So that time will be the beginning of the adventure of getting that shipping container out of my yard!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754 View Post
That is MAJOR moving weekend - so definitely a "no go" for me.

I need to be out by about the 1st week of March and I was out of town last weekend and will be this weekend. So that time will be the beginning of the adventure of getting that shipping container out of my yard!
man that is a project in its self....good luck with that one.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Welcome, Chase.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Post Fiend

So do you have a new truck, or was it not as it looked?

and bill he is another truck guy named Steve.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman View Post
So do you have a new truck, or was it not as it looked?

and bill he is another truck guy named Steve.
What truck are you referring to Brady?

Also - that 67 I was going to look at today already sold. Oh well - keeps my from buying another something I don't need...
Old 02-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Post Fiend

i was talking about the 67.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Post Fiend

I just re-read your post and got what you meant Brady.

It's kind of good that 67 sold as I really should be saving $$ right now - not buying more toys
Old 02-15-2009, 01:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
1938, 1966, 2011, 38, cab, chase, conversion, crew, cummins, f100, f250, ford, hot, lax, ranger, rod, tacoma, truck