2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 f150 lariat pos

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:16 PM
brianupah
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f150 lariat pos

has a misfire cyl4 after changing all the coils. changed fuel filter and plugs. any ideas?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Since your self-proclaimed Lariat is a POS, why don't you buy a Chevy and learn what a POS really is?

Old 02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
4DOORSR
Senior User
Injector stuck open fouling plug? Did you check for spark before reinstalling the new coil? Check the wires on that part of the harness.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Exclamation

Couple of thoughts here....

First of all, how is it a "POS" when you realized a problem and threw the parts store at it? Furthermore, why would you replace all the coils and plugs when the only problem was on one cylinder? How 'bout trying to diagnose it before throwing the parts store at it and calling it names?

Now, for the helpful stuff....

All your engine needs to burn is compression, correct valve timing, a spark, and fuel. If it's all there, it can't help but run. For an '06 with only one problem cylinder, we can rule out valve timing and compression. You pretty much ruled out spark, assuming you correctly installed the parts store you threw at it. Which leaves fuel. Check the injector...sounds like the likely culprit.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 AM
svt2205
Posting Guru
Like each of you haven't called you car or truck a POS when something goes wrong...

And notice, he doesn't tell us about a problem BEFORE changing the parts, so is he really throwing a parts store at his truck, one can only guess.

What jumps out at me is, "after changing plugs". Since it's a Lariat, it's a 5.4 3V and we all know these plugs are a challenge. Since they were changed, I'd say he's got too much anti-seize on the plug with the misfire. Or he didn't use enough or any dielectric grease in the COPs. That can lead to a misfire.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:00 AM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by svt2205
Like each of you haven't called you car or truck a POS when something goes wrong...
Not on my first post, no. Some of the Chevy owners like to post on here, doing ***** like that.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
4DOORSR
Senior User
[quote=svt2205;7135325]Like each of you haven't called you car or truck a POS when something goes wrong...
quote]</p>
Many times!!! Thankfully god gave me mechanical inclination...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
brianupah
New User
Originally Posted by Crazy001
Couple of thoughts here....

First of all, how is it a "POS" when you realized a problem and threw the parts store at it? Furthermore, why would you replace all the coils and plugs when the only problem was on one cylinder? How 'bout trying to diagnose it before throwing the parts store at it and calling it names?
the reason i started this deal is because it was missing. first changed fuel filter and plugs. still missing. moved the miss firing coil and the miss followed it. changed one coil. still missing
changed the next coil...first 2 then 4.
still missing
changed the rest.
still missing.
could be an injector but i ran some lucas fuel cleaner through it and no miss for almost half a tank now.

Originally Posted by Crazy001
Now, for the helpful stuff....

All your engine needs to burn is compression, correct valve timing, a spark, and fuel. If it's all there, it can't help but run. For an '06 with only one problem cylinder, we can rule out valve timing and compression. You pretty much ruled out spark, assuming you correctly installed the parts store you threw at it. Which leaves fuel. Check the injector...sounds like the likely culprit.
but i really appreciate all the replies. and i do love my truck. this 5.4 is slow though....any easy ways to get some more hp out of her?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Well, with any luck, that fuel system cleaner may just have been what it needed. Since ignition was ruled out when you replaced the parts, it's logical a fouled injector may have been all it was...

How many miles are on the truck?

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 AM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by brianupah
the reason i started this deal is because it was missing. first changed fuel filter and plugs. still missing. moved the miss firing coil and the miss followed it. changed one coil. still missing
changed the next coil...first 2 then 4.
still missing
changed the rest.
still missing.
could be an injector but i ran some lucas fuel cleaner through it and no miss for almost half a tank now.

but i really appreciate all the replies. and i do love my truck. this 5.4 is slow though....any easy ways to get some more hp out of her?
Blower, Nitrous, Turbo.....JATO bottles

Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
brianupah
New User
64k............i think this is the most helpful board i have ever seen.