2007+ Expedition & Navigator2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Nothing is as easy to use and as well interfaced with the car as the Factory Navs. That being said, They also lack some of the cool features of the 900BT. Mine was professionally installed w/ the bypass so that destinations can be changed while moving. Clean install, only wires that stick out are the iPod/USB input wires running out of the bottom of the pedestal on the passengers side next to the seat. I also had a 10.5 inch DVD player/Monitor put in the back so I guess headrests would work. I had wires run from the 900's AV out to the rear so that both the front and back can play a DVD and listen over the speakers. If I have more kids in the car then headsets and they want to watch a movie that is playing in the rear, the rear unit can transmit via FM Transmitter to the 900 and all can listen over the speakers while I am Navigating up front (it will silence the movie when directions are being given in this mode). It can play the music I have stored on my SD card that I keep in my cell phone. The bluetooth is great in my opinion, connections are clear. I do not use the voice command featues. The Nav is really easy to use (bypass is a must IMO) typing in new addresses or searches while moving makes the unit fun to use. Sound quality is also very good. I also had the steering wheel control mudulator installed (another must IMO). The rear console is something I haven't thought about, I will be home in a few days and will have to check that out. I do not have the rear camera installed through the 900.
What I don't like (some things are fixable):
1. The steering wheel volume controls are delyed and irratic (I was able to fix this problem. The volume control would make a audible beep at every volume level change and that was what would make the steering wheel controls so noticably irratic. I was able to do a software mod that would silence all the beeps the 900 would make every time you would change setting or push the keys. Now you cant hear the delay or the irratic changes, so much better.) The steering wheel control seek buttons do not seek the radio presets, they just change the frequency.
2. The 900 does not show you the artist and song being played while listening to FM
3. Boot up time could be quicker, not a big issue.
4. Navigation is almost to detailed, it talks alot.
5. The physical volume **** is a joke, way to small for my gorilla hands. I purchased a **** from a member off the avic411.com forum that just slides over the current ****.
6. The FM preset buttons on the screen are hard to push while moving. they are set vertically and are narrow.
7. Sirius, XM, HD radio are all additional features that require more $$ and modules to be installed behind the dash somewhere.
BTW, the installers did not know why my factory sub would POP after install. I researched it out and told them how to fix it. A voltage regulator (12v - 5v) from radio shack placed between the 900's sub output and the factory amp for the sub.
I am sure ther is more things that I like and don't like, but I am out of steam for now.
I did not know about this forum before I purchased my 900BT, definetly check it out:
2008 Expedition EL Limited 4x4, Black on Black, Moonroof, Rearview Mirror Camera, Power Liftgate, Luggage Rack, Purchase Date 1/09
Pioneer AVIC-900BT w/ Rear 10.5" DVD/Monitor
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.