Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2002, 12:45 PM
New User

nel337 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

My 3 year search for a suitable used P/U ended with the recent purchase of a 1989 F150 Custom, Long Bed, 5.0L, 4x4 w/ 73K miles, new exhaust, new tires and one new gas tank, for $2000.00. Since neither gas tank sending unit works properly and I noticed some heavy rust under the bed, I'm planning to pull the bed and make the necessary repairs.

While I have the bed off, I am interested to know if there are any reasonably priced tilt/dump bed kits out there? I found one from Ezi-Lift for about $1550, but I would rather find a "do it yourself" kit for much less.
:-X23
Old 04-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Senior User

thomasr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

Now I wasn't there when he did it, but my father put a dump-kit on his 85 F-250. I don't recall the brand. This kit came with some "bed reinforcments" but I know he had to go back several times to beef everything up. Was he overloading it? I don't know...my dad doesn't tend to be one to abuse equipment. The hydralic piston assembly always worked flawlessly and was more than strong enough to lift the load...just seems the bed itself was the weakest link. Obviosuly I don't know much about this to even attempt to answer your question, just thought I'd throw this out for you as something to think about. Good luck though!
REX
Old 05-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Posting Guru

wolfmanagh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

I've seen some at [link:www.northerntool.com/|www.northerntool.com]
search for "dump".
Old 10-29-2002, 10:17 PM
New User

huskvrna is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

I'm looking for a dump kit for my truck as well, anyone out there have any info on how to do it? or where to get the kits/hydrolics from? I've seen a few (dump beds)around but can't seem to find any kits. A few years ago I saw a TV truck show that did exactly what I'm looking for. They made the origional box into a dump box. That is what I'm looking to do. Any one?? Any one??
Thanks

Old 10-29-2002, 10:29 PM
New User

huskvrna is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

I'm looking for a dump kit for my truck as well, anyone out there have any info on how to do it? or where to get the kits/hydrolics from? I've seen a few (dump beds)around but can't seem to find any kits. A few years ago I saw a TV truck show that did exactly what I'm looking for. They made the origional box into a dump box. That is what I'm looking to do. Any one?? Any one??
Thanks

Old 11-17-2002, 12:32 PM
New User

jw1308 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

I know that this is about 6 months late, but I was also looking for a dump kit for my PU. I ran across one in the northern tool catalog but their shipping is outragous. I found the manf. and their price is cheaper. Go to www.piercesales.com and click on the button under the bike picture, then click on the dumps and hoists button on the left side of the screen (scroll down). Hope this isn't too late.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:30 AM
Senior User

FOWL1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

I have a dump kit on my '88 ford P/U. I found an ad in Popular mechanics in the back. I called and the unit came from Red's Supply in Texas. My unit is probably 7 years old and will lift 2000 lbs. I paid $650 plus shipping which was about $50-$75. It is a do it yourself kit and claims to take 1 d to install. It took me about a week on and off as I came home from work. It was actually pretty easy and required cutting a 2 inch angle in the rear of the frame. This was for the placement of the hinges. It also required a little welding to reattach the bumper to the hinges. If you use the bumper hitch, when you put the unit on, the only thing you will be able to pull would be something like a log splitter. The bumper is welded to the hinges so you don't want to put a lot of strain on the weld. I solved this by getting a receiver type hitch, remove the spare tire and bracket and placing the hitch far enough under the truck for the bed to raise. If you do this, you will want to get a custom hitch bar made to reach under the truck. It may sound like some problems, but it sure is nice to go and get mulch, stone, trash or whatever and hit the button and dump. Mine is made by uni-hoist and It has strained a time or two but it hasn't let me down. Note if you get one of these units, amnd it hasn't been modified with grease fittings, it's well worth it to get some and drill out where the lift pins are and tap them and install the fittings. I had dumped one time and couldn't get the bed down without me and a big guy hanging on it. The pins were rusted. I put the fittings on and have had no problem since. Good luck
Old 12-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Senior User

F250_HD_Crew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tilt/Dump Bed Kits

Old 09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
New User

ACEY is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red's Supply

Hi there,
I'm try to find this supplier in Texas.Apparantly they sell uni hoist dump tilt kits for my pickup truck.
If anyone know's who manufactures this product other than pierce sales can you reply to me or post the message.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 09:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products

Tags
bed, beds, dump, dumptruck, kit, kits, lift, pickup, pierce, pu, small, tilt, tilting, truck, unihoist