Notices

Bezel Gauge & Steering column pod for E-450

Old 12-20-2002, 09:26 PM
DarylS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bunch o' questions:

I have an RV on a 2000 Ford E-450 chassis. The stock gauges that come with the unit are very basic, so I would like to add a few gauges. My problem is that I do not know what gauge pods are available that would fit my vehicle.

I would like to add an EGT and tranny temp gauge to a twin-pod unit that fits in with the instrument cluster bezel. I would also like to add a tachometer to an integral steering column pod so the tach looks professional - not just stuck on as an afterthought.

Specifically I am looking for pods that will fit my vehicle as exactly as possible. I've had folks recommend to me Autometer pods, but when I checked their website they had nothing specifically identified as fitting an E-450. I sent Autometer an email but they weren't helpful - they just confirmed that they didn't sell any E-450-specific parts (duh!). I'm certain that *something* must exist for my rig. Would maybe a "99-01 2-1/16" Ford Super Duty" instrument cluster bezel fit my 2000 E-450?

Also, if I use an instrument cluster bezel does that preclude the use of a Steering column pod? Will the tach block the view of the left-hand gauge? Has anyone in the group done this?

Thanks in advance for the help. Sorry for the newbie questions but I want to purchase the correct pods only once!

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 12-20-2002, 11:00 PM
mikemc
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread