6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Gauges: DiPricol Optix or ISSPRO?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gauges: DiPricol Optix or ISSPRO?

I will be buying gauges soon with my tax refund. I've always liked the clean look of the DiPricol Optix gauges and they match the oem gauge cluster really well.

Recently someone suggested ISSPRO and I was wondering if anyone here has experience with them. Their Performax line is nice, but spendy, although there is a rebate on them now. I'm curious which of their lines matches the stock gauges best: Performax, EV, EV2.

Please let me know your opinion on why I should choose DiPricol Optix or ISSPRO gauges, also post pics of your install if you have them so I can see how well they match.

Also, I plan on getting Pyro, Boost, Fuel Pressure, and Trans Temp. Of the four, trans temp is the one I might drop since I don't hardly ever tow.

Thanks!

Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the DiPricol in my 06, and had them in my 04 and they matched great in both. I like them better but I have no reason to dislike the other brands either. The Optix comes with a harness and the install is real easy. I would get rid of the trans. temp just cause you dont tow. That is a good guage to have regardless. Also good ones to have is:

Oil Pressure
Oil Temp.
Fuel Pressure
Volts or Amp (especially with all the FICM issues Lately)
Coolant

Those are just a few off the top of my head, I am sur someone else will chime in.

Good Choices no matter which ones you go with

Sarge

Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
jmaskew
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I have Isspro gauges, black face and red pointer with green leds. I like them and they work great. When I was shopping around I actually wanted the Dipricol's but they were a little too spendy. If you go with Isspro's definitley purchase LED's for them. I have some pics in my gallery of them.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
i have DiPricol Optix...great gauges...easy install (no amplifiers)..

the lighting is spot on to a factory match...the fonts are slightly different, hardly noticable..overall, they look like the factory black face, red pointer...

if I got Isspro's, it'd be the Performax series for the datalogging capability...there is some additional hardware for this feature.. if you want it, you gotta pay..

probably doesn't help your decision making process does it?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I have some Isspro's. They seem fine.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
adamsre
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought mine from Storm and they are DiPricol. Storm has used both ISS and Di and likes Di the best.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
busdriver47
Senior User
I have isspro had them three years no problems. Not to hard to install.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Thanks for the input guys, although my mind isn't any closer to being made up. I think I like the looks of the DiPricol Optix best (the bezel and lighting), but it looks like the ISSPRO actually match stock gauges better (fonts). There is a rebate on the Performax gauges right now, so they aren't that much more, I just don't think I really need their capability and I'm not crazy about mounting yet another computer somewhere. Prices for the three setup with 4 gauges at Diesel Manor come out to:

ISSPRO EV2: $514
DiPricol Optix: $531
ISSPRO Performax: $566 (after rebate)

Are those good prices or does anyone know of a cheaper source?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
1_BIGMOFO
Elder User
I love my isspro's, i got the entire kit from dieselmanor for like 300$ shipped. They have been in my truck for a year with no issues at all. They are great!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Throwing this back up top. I've decided against the trans temp gauge for now since I don't do much towing. So looking at pyro, boost, fuel pressure. I'm definitely getting fuel pressure gauge because I think my pump might be weak.

Still a tossup between DiPricol Optix and ISSPRO EV2, leaning towards the ISSPRO now since they are a little cheaper and local to Oregon. Still like the DiPricol bezel a little more though...

Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by cartmanea
Throwing this back up top. I've decided against the trans temp gauge for now since I don't do much towing. So looking at pyro, boost, fuel pressure. I'm definitely getting fuel pressure gauge because I think my pump might be weak.

Still a tossup between DiPricol Optix and ISSPRO EV2, leaning towards the ISSPRO now since they are a little cheaper and local to Oregon. Still like the DiPricol bezel a little more though...
yeah, and i've been thinking about making you a killer deal on my DiPricols and then i'll get Performax...tough choices huh?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Benchwrench
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found the Phantom II gauges by Autometer to be by far the best choice for Ford white faced instrument clusters. They offer a 'spot on' OEM look having the black oulined silver numbers AND the correct font style. The pointer is an intense read and at night they look awesome.

I used Autometer's real carbon fiber gauge cups and fabricated custom dash brackets for the install. Chose not to go with a pillar mount, (Didn't want to loose the OS handle.) and the mirror mount forced the mirror too low so this is where they ended up. very readable.

Autometer gauges come white LED backit but I chose to go with their green upgrade which makes them match the interior and offer less nighttime glare and reflection.

I couldn't find any other gauge out there which gave my Ford truck that OEM look.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:25 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
I don't have white face gauges, none of the Autometer gauges come close to matching. Its between DiPricol Optix and ISSPRO EV2 now.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
BobsF350
Elder User
vdo makes a nice gauge thats as close as others also autometer Z series are a match and both are cheaper

Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Never heard of VDO, I want to be sure and get high quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gauges: DiPricol Optix or ISSPRO?