Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Senior User

Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.
Did you try skipping the first step (holding the 2 outer buttons)? That step is only to clear all of the programming from the homelink. Try continuing on with the programming process.

Just a little tip, unplug the garage opener before you do step 3 to save the wear and tear on it, and then plug it back in after step 3.

If your opener uses a rolling code (most newer ones do), after step 3 and you're plugged in, hit the learn button on the opener, run to the truck, hold in your programmed button for 2 seconds, wait 3 seconds, and then hold it for another 2. It may take a third press to get it to take.

I can do them pretty quick, but you're quite a ways away from me.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Senior User

ycis has a good reputation on FTE.ycis has a good reputation on FTE.
finally got it to work myself...after reading all the instructions that said to either 1. put key in and turn truck on...vs 2. start truck.

the only way I could get the two outer buttons pushed and have the red flashing light was to leave the key completely out of the truck...ie not in the ignition.

worked first time in about 20sec of holding the outer two buttons down and let me program all 3 buttons without issue.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
I've always struggled with the programming instructions, I think they're really confusing, but I found a simple way to program.

1) Press all buttons to make sure none have a rapidly flashing light (to verify no existing codes)
2) Get handheld clicker for garage door
3) Press and hold button on handheld clicker and desired Homelink button until Homelink light goes from flashing slow to flashing fast.
4) Put handheld clicker away
5) Press the learn button on the opener itself
6) Run back to the truck ASAP and press and hold the SAME Homelink button until the light bulb on the garage door opener inside the garage FLASHES.
7) Test your Homelink- it should work.

That process has worked every time for me.
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06, 7365.5
Old 09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
As soon as it stops raining, I'll give it another shot.
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 270 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 09-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Senior User

ycis has a good reputation on FTE.ycis has a good reputation on FTE.
my visor button only has a single red light...not a light above all 3.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
I give up
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 270 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Senior User

Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.Stebs has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
my visor button only has a single red light...not a light above all 3.
That's the way they all are
Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Senior User

Mr. Crab is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM