Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
everythingperformanc's Avatar
everythingperformanc everythingperformanc is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ahwatukee.az
Posts: 13
everythingperformanc is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will post some pics of the axles when i get off work
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-18-2009, 02:37 PM
KingRanchMan02's Avatar
KingRanchMan02 KingRanchMan02 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 2,201
KingRanchMan02 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.KingRanchMan02 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've seen one other guy having trouble with AZ CV axles binding on him. I don't remember if he had the housing breaking on his truck. I do remeber that he went back to OEM axles from the dealer and his trouble went away.
__________________
John, aka KingRanchMan02
`02 F-150 King Ranch SuperCab
Charcoal Blue/Arizona Biege, 5.4L 3.55 LS, 4x2, Diablosport Predator Programmer, K&N filter.
FTE Ride of The Week, 4/20/09 !!!
`08 Mercury Sable Premier, 3.5L Duratec, 6 speed auto
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
dadlovesfords's Avatar
dadlovesfords dadlovesfords is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 199
dadlovesfords is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is definately good info to know. It sux that it happened to you , but maybe you'll save one of us from the same demise in the future.
Good luck with your rig.
Larry
__________________
2000 F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 5.4L Auto 151,000mi
2002 Expedition XLT 4x4 5.4L Auto 101,000mi
1982 Mustang GT w/T-Tops 5.0L 4bbl 4spd 68,000mi
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 AM
97 off road 97 off road is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
97 off road is starting off with a positive reputation.
well the same thing happened to me about a CV axle from O'Reilly's it ran for about 4 days I was in 2 wheel drive and hit a bump in the road going about 20 miles per hour Akon a raise the front of just about maybe an inch off the ground you know one of them Breakers in the road to slow you downwhen it came back down which was just about her the big loud pop sound like a firecracker I pulled over in got out of my truck and fluid was running out of my differential behind the cv axle I looked at the housing there was a hole in the housing and fluid was coming out of itthanks O'ReillyI try to save some money by not buying the Motorcraft CV what is so different about the Motorcraft and the O'Reilly's cv axle the guy in the store said they're identical they were the same as Motorcraft. what happened has happened to anybody before on the passenger side
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:44 AM
97 off road 97 off road is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
97 off road is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 off road View Post
well the same thing happened to me about a CV axle from O'Reilly's it ran for about 4 days I was in 2 wheel drive and hit a bump in the road going about 20 miles per hour Akon a raise the front of just about maybe an inch off the ground you know one of them Breakers in the road to slow you downwhen it came back down which was just about her the big loud pop sound like a firecracker I pulled over in got out of my truck and fluid was running out of my differential behind the cv axle I looked at the housing there was a hole in the housing and fluid was coming out of itthanks O'ReillyI try to save some money by not buying the Motorcraft CV what is so different about the Motorcraft and the O'Reilly's cv axle the guy in the store said they're identical they were the same as Motorcraft. what happened has happened to anybody before on the passenger side
sorry about my words running together but I'm kinda wanting to ring somebody's neck right now
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:47 AM
97 off road 97 off road is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
97 off road is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 off road View Post
sorry about my words running together but I'm kinda wanting to ring somebody's neck right now
is there any aftermarket CV axle made like Motorcraft I was just trying to say a few bucks so how do you fix this do I have to replace the whole front end
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 AM
97 off road 97 off road is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
97 off road is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingperformanc View Post
I will post some pics of the axles when i get off work
the same thing happened to me but on the passenger sideI just don't understand what hit what and how it broke so damn quick but just to let you know you're not the only one if you have any ideas on how to fix this please share with me/97 Ford F 150 super cab 355 diff all stock
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:53 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
66 F100 Manual steering binds rderr 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 13 08-28-2013 07:35 AM
binding up front? XTfx4 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 6 03-04-2013 07:11 PM
Front axle binds bad while turning in 4wd 91Bronc300 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 5 09-29-2011 10:40 PM
Front Binding Up when i'm in 4x4 bigmike7272 Ranger & B-Series 5 05-19-2010 11:58 AM
Front steering binding! 1ole4d 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 5 04-06-2009 10:48 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
2004, 35l, 4x4, axle, axles, binding, cv, cvshaft, duratec, f150, ford, fx4, long, programmer, travel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup