Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Elder User

displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.
Reviving my '85 F150

The truck was on its last breathes, as good as free scrap. But its my first vehicle so I chose to keep it and overhaul it. I am super stoked on it, been saving and buying parts for three years, so I decided to share with you guys since you can relate to it.
Its an 85 F150 XLT/Lariat. Ext Cab, Longbox, 2wd.

I have essentially everything I need except interior 'accessories' like alarm and stereo as I made sure to buy everything to get it mobile first.

New Box sides and tailgate, cab corners, cowl hood, billet grill and new headlight bezels. I am also getting rid of the larger mirrors it came with for 71-73 mustang racing style paintable 'bullet' type mirrors.
New euro headlights (allows interchangeable bulbs), park lights, taillights and cargo light for a fresh look. Also going from the slider style rear window to a one-piece.
And finally changing the two-tone paint scheme to one tone.

The 351W/C6/3.00gears are being replaced with a well built 460, tremec tko 5 spd (fifth gear ratio of 0.68), and 4.11's.
Aluminum rad, traction bars, and even Hurst line-lock.

I've already been running my wheel/ tire combination so that will be the same.

I'm away for school so it is hard to make progress, but over holiday break, the engine is mostly assembled (no picture), and the frame will be blasted in time for my return.

Its basically a project where its my first vehicle and I want to keep it, so if I liked anything or wanted anything, I saved up and went for it. No short cuts.
As progress comes I'll try and update with enjoyable pics.

'13 F-350 172" Platinum - Factory Ordered, White Plat. Tricoat w/Pecan interior --> Hot MM w/full delete
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Elder User

displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.displacement4me has a great reputation on FTE.
The only thing I can't take care of is lowering 3"/2" like I wanted since I bought my wheels early before I thought I would lower it. There is the room but its too close for bumps, especially the rear tires.

'13 F-350 172" Platinum - Factory Ordered, White Plat. Tricoat w/Pecan interior --> Hot MM w/full delete
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacement4me View Post
I am also getting rid of the larger mirrors it came with for 71-73 mustang racing style paintable 'bullet' type mirrors.

New park lights, taillights and cargo light for a fresh look. Also going from the slider style rear window to a one-piece.
What are you gonna do with all these parts?
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Elder User

The passenger mirror cracked because come jerk walked into it when it was really cold, the drivers my dad would like to keep to see how it fits against his '71 he is working on.
The others I thought I would hold onto as a spare, but I have a problem keeping stuff so I am starting to lean towards getting rid of it for cheap.

I've only seen four trucks like mine where I'm from, including mine. Two are far more rustier and in despair then mine, and the other is a bondo nightmare.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
The passenger mirror cracked because come jerk walked into it when it was really cold, the drivers my dad would like to keep to see how it fits against his '71 he is working on.
The others I thought I would hold onto as a spare, but I have a problem keeping stuff so I am starting to lean towards getting rid of it for cheap.

I've only seen four trucks like mine where I'm from, including mine. Two are far more rustier and in despair then mine, and the other is a bondo nightmare.
Oh okay.Sounds like a plan.Good luck with it Man.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Elder User

Are you thinking you would be interested? Everything is decent except one taillight (slight crack over white reverse part), shipping might be a little steep and you could possibly get something closer. I'd let stuff go for a couple bucks or w/e, but I'd be willing to give it away if shipping was covered before it ended up in a landfill if anything.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Are you thinking you would be interested? Everything is decent except one taillight (slight crack over white reverse part), shipping might be a little steep and you could possibly get something closer. I'd let stuff go for a couple bucks or w/e, but I'd be willing to give it away if shipping was covered before it ended up in a landfill if anything.
Well,my taillights are crap on my truck.They're cracked all over.I was interested in the passenger side mirror,but it's no better than mine now.lol.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Elder User

There was still some problems getting the fasteners I needed so I didn't get my engine built up that trip home.
I worked on prepping my frame for blasting - took off anything boltable and filled in any holes you'd see in the rear wheel well for a little extra bonus.
Now I'm just waiting to see when my frame can be taken care of.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Elder User

Instead of doing a double, anything will be at:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/80...ml#post6986744

Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Elder User

Rolling chassis is completed - lots of pics at the link !

Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
85, built, f150