Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Wirring project

Click the image to open in full size.

sorry about all the pictures in one post...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Holy crap! That's a lot of relays!

What's the gizmo beside the spotlight?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
that controls the CD changer that is under the back seat.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Post Fiend

Rockstone has a great reputation on FTE.Rockstone has a great reputation on FTE.Rockstone has a great reputation on FTE.Rockstone has a great reputation on FTE.Rockstone has a great reputation on FTE.
That's some lotta shtuff Brady. Do you know what each of those switches works from memory?. You might want to grommet the hole where the wire is going thinto the firewall. Looks pretty clean and well laid out, plus it hasn't burned to the ground yet. lol. Good job.

"Are you going to bark all day, little doggy, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde
"Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for conversation, but maybe you could just shut up for a moment?" - Korben Dallas
iustus morsus mihi
Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Posting Guru

edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.edsf100 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like the use of the relays.. When I did mine one lead to another. Great job!

www.pickupslimited.com
Old 02-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstone View Post
That's some lotta shtuff Brady. Do you know what each of those switches works from memory?. You might want to grommet the hole where the wire is going thinto the firewall. Looks pretty clean and well laid out, plus it hasn't burned to the ground yet. lol. Good job.
its funny you talk about the grommets as i was taking the picture i noticed it and put in the grommet i had for it, i had just forgoten to put them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsf100 View Post
I like the use of the relays.. When I did mine one lead to another. Great job!
yeah i know what you mean...but now i noticed some of the 30+ year old wiring is starting to go, and i think it is shorting out the head light switch. and the wires behind the switch are in bad shape, real bad....

i might see a painless kit coming on...
Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Elder User

verumlike is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.verumlike is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
haha too cool

GRIFF
F350 CC LB
20''Custom Lift, Big Hoss Prog., 52''Military's, 20''Mazzi Hulks, 2.5 King Piggy Backs, Eclipse Indash DVD, Memphis all around, Atlas Springs, Amp Steps, Custom Interior, 07' Front End, 08' Rear End, Viper Alarm, MBRP 7'' Turbo Back, K&N Intake .etc.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
Nice job Brady!
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
Looks good Brady.

But if I were to have one pet peeve about it, it's the use of electrical tape over the eyelets on your starter relay. If it were me doing it, I'd pull the yellow and blue plastic sheathing off of it, and heat shrink them instead.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Post Fiend

yeah, i would agree Joe, and if i ever redo it again i would do that but my truck needs a lot more wireing redo on it, and i am thinking of doing a painless kit at some point and will replace all the wires at that point. i dont like a lot of the wires that i used the first time i put it all in there, also the way they were run. thats why i said it is better but not perfect yet...

and PS i love steves quote you got there.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Senior User

0ne_sik_70SWB is starting off with a positive reputation.
i dig the truck man crews are getting hard to find. i do know where there is 2 sitting side by side
Old 02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Post Fiend

thanks, they are great. they can be hard to find but if you look enough they can be found.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Posting Guru

bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.bla1879 has a good reputation on FTE.
looks good brady, nice and clean. I like the PS2, good for those traffic jams, gives you something to do!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Junior User

LeadDoggy is starting off with a positive reputation.
What are all those toggle switches for?

Looks Good!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Post Fiend

in order from left to right; main switch gives power to all the other ones, front bumper lights, front roof rack lights, side roof rack, rear roof rack, under truck, strobe lights, blank, blank, blank.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter