1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

More Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
bsteele52
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Pics

I just uploaded some pics to my gallery of the day we went to get the truck. Doesn't look as bad as I remember.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Nice looking truck. It's going to be a great father-son project.

Here's something for a little inspiration:

http://media.freep.com/video/2006/fo...intage0816.swf

Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
48fordjeffie
Senior User
More Pics

Bob,
I love that commercial, it almost makes a man want to cry...

B Steele, Good Luck with your truck!!!!!

Jeff

Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,840 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Very cool. Seems to be a great starting point.

have fun with it
Bobby

Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a great situation...

Your son is one lucky kid and I hope he knows it. I had a great relationship with my dad and I think it was as good or better with my son. Unfortunately, neither one of us got any kind of old vehicle from our dad or grandfather.

I look around today and I see how most kids have no common interest with their parents and are quite frankly digusting in my opinion. I'm almost 64 and more so every day I realize what a great guy my dad was to have spent his evenings in the garage and shop with me when I know he was tired from working on construction jobs. My only regret is that I went through those stupid late teen years in somewhat of a rebelious state which I am sure was not pleasant for him. The thing is, he didn't give up and after a few years in the service I came to my senses. Unfortunately my dad died at the age of 58 and I think there is a part of my life that will never be fullfilled because of his early death. It did teach one thing though. I have learned to try and make the best of the time that is left in my relationship with my son because you never know when your time is up.

If there was ever anything I did right in my life, it was to try and be the same kind of dad for my son. I have to think it was well worth it because even though he is almost 40 now and lives 600 miles away, we talk every day on the phone and have many of the same interests. He also has a '53 F-100 he is working on.

I know this is supposed to be a forum about trucks but I say it's more than that. I see it as a forum about people with trucks and how their life is affected by having these old trucks and the way they are involved with their family and relationships with others. The trucks themselves are just old machines that have somehow survived. Their greatest value is how they affect people and relationships. I can't imagine there being someone here that hasn't gained a friend, strengthened a relationship or experienced some other positive benefit form being involved. How could you not???

BTW, my son won't get a big inheritance from me but he will end up with all my shop tools and equipment and all my vehicles finnished and otherwise. Some of it was passed to me from my dad. In my way of thinking, that stuff is worth more than money. If they have the right state of mind, they will realize that these things are a part of the person that passed then on. Better still, I like to think that I have also passed on some common sense and values as well as skills that will in some way help him to make his life better.

Later Folks...

Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
bsteele52
Senior User
My son is actually my "step-son". Me and his mom have been together since he was 3. He tells everyone I am his dad and he even looks a little like me. We are in the process of having his biological father sign away his rights(his idea). Then I will adopt him. He is still not real interested in working on the truck, just interested in the final product. That will be a ways off. Hard to get much extra $$$$ as a school teacher.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bsteele52
My son is actually my "step-son". Me and his mom have been together since he was 3. He tells everyone I am his dad and he even looks a little like me. We are in the process of having his biological father sign away his rights(his idea). Then I will adopt him. He is still not real interested in working on the truck, just interested in the final product. That will be a ways off. Hard to get much extra $$$$ as a school teacher.
You have my utmost respect for what you are doing. My son has an eighteen year old step-son but unfortunately he has no interest in doing anything with my son even though he keeps trying to involve him. I'm afraid there was way too much bad influence from his real dad's side of the family who have suddenly lost all interest sins the boy turned eighteen and is out of school and they are done paying support. The boy's mom, my daughter-in -law has been anything but helpfull in this matter. Unless this boy gets his act together I'm afraid he's just another chunk of social refuse.

Later Man...

Hang in there man... The boy is young and it really doesn't matter if the money is slow to come and the progress is likewise. If the boy likes you and wants to be with you then the rest will follow I think.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 PM
F250racer
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that's a really nice truck, great condition for being original. I wish I could have restored and old truck like that with my dad.
It will be a fun project