Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hah yeah i know what you mean, i have a garrage full of FE parts (what i usually build) and some small block stuff, some stock some not when i upgrade a manifold or something if i want the part that's coming off i don't charge as much labor, or if one of my friend's cars needs upgrading they give me the part coming off for letting them use my shop and tools and me helping

just got my linelock installed and the brakes bled, man it is easier to do burnouts with the front brakes locked and the rear ones not on lol

PS: you happen to have a set of GT-40 heads that your not using? i'd trade you some stock exhaust manifolds off a FE 66T-bird, an open 9in carrier, and an S intake off a 390 + the upper intake off a 5.0 truck w/ throttle body and everything and an offenhouser 360* duel port manifold for a FE, and the stock cam out of an FE and a 5.0, a 66 C6 transmission with a stock converter and a stock aod converter for them lol---yeah i've got a bunch of stock crap sitting around too hahahaha too good to throw out but not good enough to keep

now what all do you have done to your truck you said 351 heads but what are the specs on the motor trans and rear/front

it's great to take my truck to philly and race i get a lot of looks and the cops never suspect me of it lol, don't take my car there cause it's just not safe to go that fast on the street

Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
PJF95
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can guys with 4.6 swaps play too?

If not I'll just shut up.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
1994 F250: 351, C6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PJF95

Its still Ford, that's what matters to me!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
lew52
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1966Tbird
hah yeah i know what you mean, i have a garrage full of FE parts (what i usually build) and some small block stuff, some stock some not when i upgrade a manifold or something if i want the part that's coming off i don't charge as much labor, or if one of my friend's cars needs upgrading they give me the part coming off for letting them use my shop and tools and me helping

just got my linelock installed and the brakes bled, man it is easier to do burnouts with the front brakes locked and the rear ones not on lol

PS: you happen to have a set of GT-40 heads that your not using? i'd trade you some stock exhaust manifolds off a FE 66T-bird, an open 9in carrier, and an S intake off a 390 + the upper intake off a 5.0 truck w/ throttle body and everything and an offenhouser 360* duel port manifold for a FE, and the stock cam out of an FE and a 5.0, a 66 C6 transmission with a stock converter and a stock aod converter for them lol---yeah i've got a bunch of stock crap sitting around too hahahaha too good to throw out but not good enough to keep

now what all do you have done to your truck you said 351 heads but what are the specs on the motor trans and rear/front

it's great to take my truck to philly and race i get a lot of looks and the cops never suspect me of it lol, don't take my car there cause it's just not safe to go that fast on the street
I keep all the good stuff... I got some nice 5.0 blocks im saving for the truck for future use.... But got HO heads & cams some one might want.... Im running 351 dooe heads from a 69 mack 1...190-160 valves about the same as a GT-40 head but a little more compresion & no air pump holes my truck....302 HO dooe 351 heads...E303 roller cam...1.72.. roller rockers..edelbrock intake..80mm pro m mass air calibrated to a matched set of 30# billit injectors.. 61mm dual throtle body...long tube headers thru 2 1/2 pipes 44 flowmasters.. no cats...6al MSD igition..e fans..underdrive pullys...dyno tuned computer chip...trans.. 4R70W with B& m shift kit ..deep pan.. temp gauge..B&M pro stick shifter... Rear 8.8 with eaton tru trac posi...456 gears...superior axels... Cal trak.. bars torqlite wheels 315-60-15..drag radials.... DJM suspinsion F& R..Cervines Fiberglass hood & roll pan...Fast ford fiberglass front bumper..auto meter tack & gauges.... LC 1. wideband... & a lot of little stuff,,,

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
lew52
Postmaster

Hey PJ join in its all fords... Glad to have ya !!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
lew52
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1994 F250: 351, C6
Its still Ford, that's what matters to me!
Ya it dosnt mater what motor... We all have fun !!!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
harrisford
Senior User
my first truck was a 86 f150 lariat 302 AOD 2wd. bought it for $500 its lasted me 5 months and 5 sets of rear tires. wicked little truck, when we skipped school to go racing it would keep up to my buddys nite with a 351 and i used to drop powerstrokes after they hit their governor @ 160 kmh. i rigged up a poor boy intake with two prefilters off my dads tractor. used to get 14mpg with my foot into it all day.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 PM
PJF95
Freshman User
Originally Posted by lew52
Hey PJ join in its all fords... Glad to have ya !!
Thanks Lew!

While I don't have any times for my truck yet, my seat of the pants ET calculator puts this thing in the high 14's to low 15's right now.

It is a 95 Eddie Bauer short bed 2WD that I bought with a 4.9 and automatic trans. Here is how she sat when I bought her.

I yanked the 4.9 and put in a 2002 Mustang GT 4.6 SOHC and 5 spd. Here is a pic under the hood.

I didn't use the factory computer, I built a MegaSquirt stand alone EMS to run it. Here it is installed behind the drivers seat. There is an EDIS-8 module there as well to handle ignition. The MegaSquirt is completely user built and programmed, it is a steep learning curve! But I have a pretty good handle on it.

And finally a video I made tonight of a quick trip down the street where I live. Short shifting at 4400 RPM since I am still working on the fuel map! Don't want to go nuts yet. I think it sounds nice. It needs more gear in the rear end though! I don't know what is in there now but it is a BAD match for that 5 speed.

There is waaaaayyyyyy more to the story of how this thing came to life, but I won't clutter up Lew's post with it. If there is any interest I might make a post up seperate about what this whole swap entailed.

3/5 Drop is in the works as well as new wheels and tires. I have the drop kit and the shocks, that is next up on the list. Then new wheels and tires. It should look nice when done!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:29 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
how do you like your 6al ignition, i have one in my t-bird and i've heard not to get them wet, and i havn't but seeing as you have a truck not a car has yours been wet does it still work? and those cal tracs work nice don't they, they are most cost efficient way to get some good traction i love them, did you have to do a spring under axle swap in order to get them to work, if not i might check out a set for my truck.

I don't know as much about the smallblock heads are the DOOE heads the best 351 heads because i'd bet a set of 351 heads would be cheaper than a set of gt 40s, would a home ported set of 351 heads flow the same as a set of home ported gt 40 heads both with stock valves (i dont have a valve grinding tool and don't want to pay to get them done)

and PJF95 i would love to hear about all your struggles with that truck and how it came to be, i cyst removed from my tailbone back in december and the incision got infected and i had to be hospitalized with a morphine pump and crap but i am still recovering and i am not allowed to leave my house or my insurance company will drop me and i'll have to pay for the nurse to come every day to change my bandage, but in short i have a lot of time and would love to read the story on your truck, that is amazing that you got that to fit i'm sure you had to fab up motor mounts probably a tranny mount maybe massage the tranny tunnel and you did a nice job it almost looks factory

and i envy your skills with fuel injection-- i got fed up with mine and pulled out the wire cutters and cut it all out and stuck a carb on there maybe you could post a little about how you did your MegaSquirt system

Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 AM
lew52
Postmaster
PJF95.....Hey super job on the truck...I have been whatching your build...amazing...the mega squrit sounds cool... we have the same truck body wise..Mines a 95 EB short bed.. auto...it will look nice when you lower it..i did the DJM 4in drop on the back...and 2in drop in the front with belltech springs....not sure what gears the five speed had...mine had 308s....went to 456 with 30in rear tires...the thing should run good... those ET calculaters are relly close if you know your HP & Weight...I will keep an eye out i want to see it when you get it lowered with wheels & tires ...

Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 AM
lew52
Postmaster
1966TBIRD....Ya i like the 6al ignition..its nice they have the soft touch rev limiter built into them you can set them with a plug in chip...We mounted ours under the hood but i dont drive it in the rain....its just a toy...A lot of pepole & 4x4 guys mount them in the cab so they dont get wet...as far as i know the dooe heads are the same as the GT-40..i think the cc on them are a little diferant..are compression is like 9.5 to 1... found them on craigs list...i heard AFR heads are the best just a lot of money....Cant say enough about the cal tracs there great....on the street i just leave them snug & when we go to the track i put a half a turn in them...my axle is still on the bottom.. they came with the square u bolts that go over the springs from the top so the bars mount on the bottom....comes with everthing you need..

Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
yeah i've put a smallblock together with the afr street heads and the owner was happy with them i was going to get a set for myself but i can't justify spending that kind of money, i might splurge for a set of the dooe heads though now that i know about them

Old 02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
lew52
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1966Tbird
yeah i've put a smallblock together with the afr street heads and the owner was happy with them i was going to get a set for myself but i can't justify spending that kind of money, i might splurge for a set of the dooe heads though now that i know about them
I was on criags list today & found 2 sets of heads one for 500 & another for 600... both off boss 302 70 mustang.. so there out there..keep an eye out for them its better than spending 1400

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
yeah i'll say so the dooe heads came on boss 302s and 351 mach 1 mustangs

Old 02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
DJdemon6696
Posting Guru
Thanks Lew!

While I don't have any times for my truck yet, my seat of the pants ET calculator puts this thing in the high 14's to low 15's right now.

It is a 95 Eddie Bauer short bed 2WD that I bought with a 4.9 and automatic trans. Here is how she sat when I bought her.

I yanked the 4.9 and put in a 2002 Mustang GT 4.6 SOHC and 5 spd. Here is a pic under the hood.

I didn't use the factory computer, I built a MegaSquirt stand alone EMS to run it. Here it is installed behind the drivers seat. There is an EDIS-8 module there as well to handle ignition. The MegaSquirt is completely user built and programmed, it is a steep learning curve! But I have a pretty good handle on it.

And finally a video I made tonight of a quick trip down the street where I live. Short shifting at 4400 RPM since I am still working on the fuel map! Don't want to go nuts yet. I think it sounds nice. It needs more gear in the rear end though! I don't know what is in there now but it is a BAD match for that 5 speed.

There is waaaaayyyyyy more to the story of how this thing came to life, but I won't clutter up Lew's post with it. If there is any interest I might make a post up seperate about what this whole swap entailed.

3/5 Drop is in the works as well as new wheels and tires. I have the drop kit and the shocks, that is next up on the list. Then new wheels and tires. It should look nice when done!

wow.... nice work!!!

Quick Reply: Racing Trucks